50 Cent Reportedly Wants to Sign Jamelia to Her G-Unit Label
50 Cent reportedly is impressed with Jamelia's talent. The rapper met the "Superstar" hitmaker in October 2009 during the premiere of his thriller movie "Dead Man Running" in London and is interested to sign her to his G-Unit label.
"He thinks she is sexy, talented and has the right personality and talent to be huge in America," a source told The Sun. "He wants to make her the new first lady of G-Unit, as it has no female artists."
Jamelia is not the only female singer who allegedly caught 50 Cent's attention. In December, the rap mogul also sang praise for YouTube singing sensation Susan Boyle. "She's got an amazing voice, and together we'd get everyone dancing ... I got to get her on a track, for real. We'd make a hit," he said.
Jamelia herself is preparing to release a new album this year. She previously told Digital Spy, "I've worked with a guy called Harmony who's part of the Darkchild camp - he's worked with everyone from Beyonce [Knowles] to Lady GaGa in the past. I've also worked with a couple of producers out in Atlanta - a guy called Hard Work who's very up-and-coming, and another guy called AJ who's produced stuff for the new Usher album."
More 50 Cent News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media