50 Cent Reportedly Wants to Sign Jamelia to Her G-Unit Label
50 Cent reportedly is impressed with Jamelia's talent. The rapper met the "Superstar" hitmaker in October 2009 during the premiere of his thriller movie "Dead Man Running" in London and is interested to sign her to his G-Unit label.
"He thinks she is sexy, talented and has the right personality and talent to be huge in America," a source told The Sun. "He wants to make her the new first lady of G-Unit, as it has no female artists."
Jamelia is not the only female singer who allegedly caught 50 Cent's attention. In December, the rap mogul also sang praise for YouTube singing sensation Susan Boyle. "She's got an amazing voice, and together we'd get everyone dancing ... I got to get her on a track, for real. We'd make a hit," he said.
Jamelia herself is preparing to release a new album this year. She previously told Digital Spy, "I've worked with a guy called Harmony who's part of the Darkchild camp - he's worked with everyone from Beyonce [Knowles] to Lady GaGa in the past. I've also worked with a couple of producers out in Atlanta - a guy called Hard Work who's very up-and-coming, and another guy called AJ who's produced stuff for the new Usher album."
More 50 Cent News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy