Johnny Depp Will Star in 'The Man Who Killed Don Quixote'
Johnny Depp could have another project lined up on his already busy schedule. Terry Gilliam, who is currently working on "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote", recently told Paste that the "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor will star in his upcoming drama fantasy. "Yeah, and I rewrote the script," the helmer said when asked whether the movie is going to have Depp on it.
In 2000, Depp actually had shot the "Don Quixote" film with Gilliam before the production was shut down. However, after the filmmaker announced in May this year that he is going to give the film a second shot, Depp was not sure that he will be returning to the role of a time-traveling character. "The thing with 'Quixote' is that my dance card is pretty nutty for the next couple of years, so I'd hate to put him in a position to wait for me. That would be wrong," he said in June.
After wrapping "Alice in Wonderland" that is directed by Tim Burton, he will team up once again with the helmer for horror movie "Dark Shadows" which is planned to start shooting in 2010. Depp is also expected to reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" though he has not yet signed for the film.
As for "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote", Robert Duvall has been tapped to play the lead role which originally belonged to Jean Rochefort. The new film, which is targeted for 2011 release schedule, will revolve around a filmmaker who is charmed into joining Don Quixote's eternal quest for his ladylove, becoming an unwitting Sancho Panza.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media