Summit, From Vampires to Dracula
Having a successful harvest with its vampire series franchise, Summit Entertainment is taking the next step to develop a movie about another fanged creature, Dracula. "Vlad" will be an action-oriented film produced under Brad Pitt and Dede Gardner's Plan B Entertainment shingle.
Summit actually had acquired the right to the film a while ago but did not go public with it until they found Anthony Mandler to direct. Known as a music video director and photographer, Mandler will have his feature movie directing debut in this one. According to THR, "execs were wowed by the reel he prepared, which drew comparisons to Zack Snyder and his work on '300'."
The script, which will be tackled by actor Charlie Hunnam, centers on Dracula as the young prince when he was known as Vlad the Impaler. Historically, Vlad is said to have killed from 40,000 to 100,000 European civilians whom he considered "useless to humanity".
Like in the case of "Twilight", Summit is hoping to break a new talent in "Vlad".
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards