Summit, From Vampires to Dracula
Having a successful harvest with its vampire series franchise, Summit Entertainment is taking the next step to develop a movie about another fanged creature, Dracula. "Vlad" will be an action-oriented film produced under Brad Pitt and Dede Gardner's Plan B Entertainment shingle.
Summit actually had acquired the right to the film a while ago but did not go public with it until they found Anthony Mandler to direct. Known as a music video director and photographer, Mandler will have his feature movie directing debut in this one. According to THR, "execs were wowed by the reel he prepared, which drew comparisons to Zack Snyder and his work on '300'."
The script, which will be tackled by actor Charlie Hunnam, centers on Dracula as the young prince when he was known as Vlad the Impaler. Historically, Vlad is said to have killed from 40,000 to 100,000 European civilians whom he considered "useless to humanity".
Like in the case of "Twilight", Summit is hoping to break a new talent in "Vlad".
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!