Summit, From Vampires to Dracula
Having a successful harvest with its vampire series franchise, Summit Entertainment is taking the next step to develop a movie about another fanged creature, Dracula. "Vlad" will be an action-oriented film produced under Brad Pitt and Dede Gardner's Plan B Entertainment shingle.
Summit actually had acquired the right to the film a while ago but did not go public with it until they found Anthony Mandler to direct. Known as a music video director and photographer, Mandler will have his feature movie directing debut in this one. According to THR, "execs were wowed by the reel he prepared, which drew comparisons to Zack Snyder and his work on '300'."
The script, which will be tackled by actor Charlie Hunnam, centers on Dracula as the young prince when he was known as Vlad the Impaler. Historically, Vlad is said to have killed from 40,000 to 100,000 European civilians whom he considered "useless to humanity".
Like in the case of "Twilight", Summit is hoping to break a new talent in "Vlad".
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard