Summit, From Vampires to Dracula
Having a successful harvest with its vampire series franchise, Summit Entertainment is taking the next step to develop a movie about another fanged creature, Dracula. "Vlad" will be an action-oriented film produced under Brad Pitt and Dede Gardner's Plan B Entertainment shingle.
Summit actually had acquired the right to the film a while ago but did not go public with it until they found Anthony Mandler to direct. Known as a music video director and photographer, Mandler will have his feature movie directing debut in this one. According to THR, "execs were wowed by the reel he prepared, which drew comparisons to Zack Snyder and his work on '300'."
The script, which will be tackled by actor Charlie Hunnam, centers on Dracula as the young prince when he was known as Vlad the Impaler. Historically, Vlad is said to have killed from 40,000 to 100,000 European civilians whom he considered "useless to humanity".
Like in the case of "Twilight", Summit is hoping to break a new talent in "Vlad".
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'