Tiger Woods Gets Minor Traffic Ticket for His One-Car Collision
Florida authorities have on Tuesday, December 1, confirmed that they have completed their investigation on Tiger Woods' weekend one-car collision, issuing him a citation for careless driving. The minor traffic ticket carries with it a possible $164 fine for the golfer in addition to four points on his driver's license should he is found guilty of the related charge.
"The investigation has concluded that Mr. Woods is at fault in the crash," a Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman said at a press conference. She added, Woods, 33, didn't drive in a "careful and prudent manner" when he was hurt in a one-car crash outside his Orlando home.
The spokeswoman, moreover, confirmed there were no claims of domestic violence in the case and "there was insufficient evidence available to issue a subpoena for additional medical information that may exist." The case, thus, is closed. "Mr. Woods has satisfied the requirements of Florida law by providing" his driver's license, registration, and insurance information, and was not required to submit to interviews or give evidence, the spokeswoman concluded.
Tiger Woods was involved in a single car accident on Friday, November 27 in front of his Florida home. He was treated at Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, Fla. before then being released on the same day. The accident occurred in the wake of reports that he has cheated on wife Elin Nordegren with New York City party girl Rachel Uchitel.
As a result of the injuries he suffered from the car crash, Woods has announced his withdrawal from the Chevron World Challenge, which will be kicked off on Thursday, December 3. Besides, he also canceled a scheduled news conference for the Tiger Woods Foundation on Tuesday, December 1.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation