'Precious' and 'The Last Station' Lead 2010 Spirit Awards Nominees
On Tuesday, December 1, Film Independent has announced the nominations for the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards. Based on the list, it has been known that "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" and "The Last Station" lead the pack with five nods each, and will battle out in three categories.
Both films will compete for Best Feature prize. Additionally, "Precious" actress Gabby Sidibe and "The Last Station" star Helen Mirren are up against Maria Bello, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Nisreen Faour in Best Female Lead category. Meanwhile, Lee Daniels, who directed "Precious", and Michael Hoffman, who helmed "The Last Station", are both nominated for Best Director.
Other movies which are also among the nominees include "A Single Man" and "Crazy Heart". Both films are nominated for Best First Feature and Best Best First Screenplay. In the meantime, Mia Wasikowska who will appear in upcoming film "Alice in Wonderland" is among the contenders in Best Supporting Female category.
The winners of 2009 Independent Spirit Awards will be announced during the gala ceremony which is going to be held on Friday, March 5 in a tent on the event deck at Los Angeles. The event will be aired live on IFC starting at 8 P.M PT/ 11 P.M. ET.
The full nominees list of 2009 Spirit Awards can be seen at SpiritAwards.com
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent