'Precious' and 'The Last Station' Lead 2010 Spirit Awards Nominees
On Tuesday, December 1, Film Independent has announced the nominations for the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards. Based on the list, it has been known that "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" and "The Last Station" lead the pack with five nods each, and will battle out in three categories.
Both films will compete for Best Feature prize. Additionally, "Precious" actress Gabby Sidibe and "The Last Station" star Helen Mirren are up against Maria Bello, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Nisreen Faour in Best Female Lead category. Meanwhile, Lee Daniels, who directed "Precious", and Michael Hoffman, who helmed "The Last Station", are both nominated for Best Director.
Other movies which are also among the nominees include "A Single Man" and "Crazy Heart". Both films are nominated for Best First Feature and Best Best First Screenplay. In the meantime, Mia Wasikowska who will appear in upcoming film "Alice in Wonderland" is among the contenders in Best Supporting Female category.
The winners of 2009 Independent Spirit Awards will be announced during the gala ceremony which is going to be held on Friday, March 5 in a tent on the event deck at Los Angeles. The event will be aired live on IFC starting at 8 P.M PT/ 11 P.M. ET.
The full nominees list of 2009 Spirit Awards can be seen at SpiritAwards.com
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences