Joanna Krupa Responds to Controversies Over Her Racy PETA Ads
Joanna Krupa is quick to respond to the controversies over her latest ad for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)'s "Angel for Animals" cause, which shows her posing as naked, winged angel and holding a strategically placed crucifix to cover her breasts and private part. In a statement shared to the organization, she defended her decision to pose for the ad, which billboard poster she helped launching outside a Barkworks Store in Los Angeles on Tuesday, December 1.
As it has been widely reported before The Catholic League has condemned Krupa's racy ad for PETA, calling the organization "animal killers" and "a fraud," adding that it "exploits Christian symbols" with the new Krupa billboard. In another dose of bad news, The Catholic League also condemned Krupa's another PETA ad, which shows her posing alongside her dog and a rosary.
Concurring with The Catholic League, Deal Hudson, publisher of online magazine InsideCatholic.com, has commented, "It's totally inappropriate. It's another instance of disrespect toward Christianity and another example of the kind of abuse that would never occur with any other major religion, because the outcry would be so immediate and so loud that the people behind it would immediately retreat." Some church officials also have the same opinion.
Despite the harsh disapproval, Krupa stands by her PETA ads. She said during the cross-bearing nude PETA ad launch, "It's understandable that the Catholic League is wary of another sex scandal, but the sex we're talking about pertains to dogs and cats. As a practicing Catholic, I am shocked that the Catholic League is speaking out against my PETA ads, which I am very proud of. "
She went on stating, "I'm doing what the Catholic Church should be doing, working to stop senseless suffering of animals, the most defenseless of God's creation. I am a voice for innocent animals who are being neglected and dumped by the millions at shelters. In my heart I know that Jesus would never condone the suffering that results when dogs and cats are allowed to breed."
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards