Paul Greengrass Leaves 'Bourne 4'
It seems that Jason Bourne will not return to the big screen as soon as it was expected. After the film's star Matt Damon informed that he was working on the script with director Paul Greengrass, the helmer has reportedly quit the untitled Bourne 4 project more than a week ago.
According to Playlist, Greengrass was not happy that Universal Pictures hired Joshua Zetumer to write what they call a "parallel" script without consulting it to him before. The "Ocean's Twelve" scribe George Nolfi was originally hired to pen the screenplay for this fourth "Bourne" film, but apparently no one liked his work.
On the other hand, the studio was getting frustrated with Greengrass' upcoming thriller "Green Zone", which costs almost $150 million. "Greengrass has reshot several times (gets expensive) and has been tinkering away in the editing room for months spending Universal's money and testing their patience," a source told the site.
Some people believed this is just a "typical Paul move", and in a few next months, he will return to the Universal's upcoming movie project. Still, the report indicated there are tension and problems that have been brewing between the director and the studio for several months.
"Bourne 4" will serve as the latest "Bourne" movie made after "The Bourne Ultimatum" although it was earlier hinted that the "Bourne" movie franchise will end in the third film. Matt Damon is expected to reprise his role as Jason Bourne, while Frank Marshall is set to produce.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season