Paul Greengrass Leaves 'Bourne 4'
It seems that Jason Bourne will not return to the big screen as soon as it was expected. After the film's star Matt Damon informed that he was working on the script with director Paul Greengrass, the helmer has reportedly quit the untitled Bourne 4 project more than a week ago.
According to Playlist, Greengrass was not happy that Universal Pictures hired Joshua Zetumer to write what they call a "parallel" script without consulting it to him before. The "Ocean's Twelve" scribe George Nolfi was originally hired to pen the screenplay for this fourth "Bourne" film, but apparently no one liked his work.
On the other hand, the studio was getting frustrated with Greengrass' upcoming thriller "Green Zone", which costs almost $150 million. "Greengrass has reshot several times (gets expensive) and has been tinkering away in the editing room for months spending Universal's money and testing their patience," a source told the site.
Some people believed this is just a "typical Paul move", and in a few next months, he will return to the Universal's upcoming movie project. Still, the report indicated there are tension and problems that have been brewing between the director and the studio for several months.
"Bourne 4" will serve as the latest "Bourne" movie made after "The Bourne Ultimatum" although it was earlier hinted that the "Bourne" movie franchise will end in the third film. Matt Damon is expected to reprise his role as Jason Bourne, while Frank Marshall is set to produce.
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set