Paul Greengrass Leaves 'Bourne 4'
It seems that Jason Bourne will not return to the big screen as soon as it was expected. After the film's star Matt Damon informed that he was working on the script with director Paul Greengrass, the helmer has reportedly quit the untitled Bourne 4 project more than a week ago.
According to Playlist, Greengrass was not happy that Universal Pictures hired Joshua Zetumer to write what they call a "parallel" script without consulting it to him before. The "Ocean's Twelve" scribe George Nolfi was originally hired to pen the screenplay for this fourth "Bourne" film, but apparently no one liked his work.
On the other hand, the studio was getting frustrated with Greengrass' upcoming thriller "Green Zone", which costs almost $150 million. "Greengrass has reshot several times (gets expensive) and has been tinkering away in the editing room for months spending Universal's money and testing their patience," a source told the site.
Some people believed this is just a "typical Paul move", and in a few next months, he will return to the Universal's upcoming movie project. Still, the report indicated there are tension and problems that have been brewing between the director and the studio for several months.
"Bourne 4" will serve as the latest "Bourne" movie made after "The Bourne Ultimatum" although it was earlier hinted that the "Bourne" movie franchise will end in the third film. Matt Damon is expected to reprise his role as Jason Bourne, while Frank Marshall is set to produce.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic