Grant Bowler Cast on 'True Blood' Season 3
"True Blood" hired an Australian actor to play one of the new characters introduced in the third season. Grant Bowler, the actor who has recurring roles in both "Lost" and "Ugly Betty", will be in the vampire drama series for a not-yet-known role.
He confirmed his participation to Australia's Sunday Telegraph, saying "Mate, it's HBO and it's the King. ...It's the chance to work for an Oscar-winner [series creator Alan Ball] and alongside an Oscar-winner [Anna Paquin]." No further statement was made.
"True Blood" will be back in June next year with the production kicked off around January. Some casting calls have been made for roles such as vampire Franklin Mott, Reverend Daniels, a ringleader of biker thugs named Cooter and an "intensely beautiful" vampire named Talbot. No actors have been attached to any of them.
Bowler is still committed to "Ugly Betty" playing Connor Owens who shakes Wilhelmina's world. Upon being cast on "True Blood", he would have to juggle between shooting the HBO series in Los Angeles and "Betty" in New York.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked