Grant Bowler Cast on 'True Blood' Season 3
"True Blood" hired an Australian actor to play one of the new characters introduced in the third season. Grant Bowler, the actor who has recurring roles in both "Lost" and "Ugly Betty", will be in the vampire drama series for a not-yet-known role.
He confirmed his participation to Australia's Sunday Telegraph, saying "Mate, it's HBO and it's the King. ...It's the chance to work for an Oscar-winner [series creator Alan Ball] and alongside an Oscar-winner [Anna Paquin]." No further statement was made.
"True Blood" will be back in June next year with the production kicked off around January. Some casting calls have been made for roles such as vampire Franklin Mott, Reverend Daniels, a ringleader of biker thugs named Cooter and an "intensely beautiful" vampire named Talbot. No actors have been attached to any of them.
Bowler is still committed to "Ugly Betty" playing Connor Owens who shakes Wilhelmina's world. Upon being cast on "True Blood", he would have to juggle between shooting the HBO series in Los Angeles and "Betty" in New York.
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party