'New Moon' Star Taylor Lautner Scared of Fans
Kicking off his acting career when he was still nine years old, Taylor Lautner was surprised when he was catapulted to International stardom after starring in vampire drama "Twilight" and once was even scared by fans. "Absolutely it's hard," the Jacob Black depicter tells The Boston Globe of how he deals with his sudden fame. "It all depends where you choose to go. Movie theaters and malls aren't the best places to go. It is [scary]. But it's great to know you have all those fans and all that support behind you. It may [frighten you] at first, but it's their way of expressing their passion for you and the series. We're definitely thankful to have them behind us. That's our driving force."
"Absolutely it's new for me. I don't think you can prepare for it. There's no preparation for this franchise," he states further. And the 17-year-old actor is quick to offer the best key to deal with popularity and spotlight. "It's important to maintain as much normalcy as possible," so he shares. "Staying true to yourself and spending time with the people you did before, your family and friends. But sometimes it's hard and you definitely have to make adjustments. Absolutely."
In further interview with The Boston Globe, Taylor admits that though he stars in "Twilight Saga" film series, which are based on Stephenie Meyer's novels, he wasn't much of a reader. "As a matter of fact, I was not a book reader at all. The only books I ever read were the ones I was forced to in school. But when I started reading this book series, I fell in love with the characters and started turning the pages one after another. It was crazy. I never thought I could do that. But I love this story. This franchise has everything in it: Romance, obviously, action, suspense. It has a dark side to it. I definitely think it's a movie for everyone," enthuses the hunk.
At the time of writing Taylor Lautner and his "Twilight" co-stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are busy with the promotional tour for "The Twilight Saga's New Moon", which is targeting a November 20 U.S. release. His next film is comedy-romance "Valentine's Day", which will hit theaters in the States on February 12 next year.
More Taylor Lautner News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes