Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood Will Sing at 2009 AMAs
The 37th Annual American Music Awards will be filled with live performances from "American Idol" alumni. Joining already-confirmed musical guest Adam Lambert are his Idol pals Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and DAUGHTRY.
" 'American Idol' continually produces great talent," producer Larry Klein commented on the new additions in the performers list. "And we are looking forward to hosting Kelly, Carrie, Daughtry and Adam. It's a great fit for the AMAs."
Scheduled to be held on November and aired live on ABC, 2009 AMAs will also have Black Eyed Peas, Jennifer Lopez, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys singing on the stage. However, the previously-rumored Rihanna's performance hasn't been addressed by the organizers.
This year, the nominations list is dominated by country music singer Taylor Swift with six kudos.
More Kelly Clarkson News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics