Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood Will Sing at 2009 AMAs
The 37th Annual American Music Awards will be filled with live performances from "American Idol" alumni. Joining already-confirmed musical guest Adam Lambert are his Idol pals Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and DAUGHTRY.
" 'American Idol' continually produces great talent," producer Larry Klein commented on the new additions in the performers list. "And we are looking forward to hosting Kelly, Carrie, Daughtry and Adam. It's a great fit for the AMAs."
Scheduled to be held on November and aired live on ABC, 2009 AMAs will also have Black Eyed Peas, Jennifer Lopez, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys singing on the stage. However, the previously-rumored Rihanna's performance hasn't been addressed by the organizers.
This year, the nominations list is dominated by country music singer Taylor Swift with six kudos.
More Kelly Clarkson News
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her