Guy Ritchie Brands Madonna 'Retarded', But Still Loves Her
It's been months after he had his divorce to Madonna being finalized, but Guy Ritchie still has a heart for the music star. He tells Esquire in an interview to be featured on its November issue, "I still love her," yet he is quick to add, "but she's retarded, too."
"She's a manifester, if there ever was one," the filmmaker goes on claiming. "First-rate manifester. Madonna makes things happen. Put Madonna up against any 23-year-old, she'll outwork them, outdance them, outperform them."
Addressing on the hard time he has to face after separating from Madonna, Guy opens up, "You can't tell someone when they're getting divorced that their pain is an illusion. I'm f***ing telling you, I feel it. I've been through that ... No one can say you don't feel that."
Despite his bitter marriage life with the pop icon, Guy claims he always thought of Madonna firstly as his wife, telling Esquire, "Madonna, when she came in here, it was old-school London. No one bothered her. 'Hello, darling. How are you, darling? What can we get you?' It was fundamental, old-school. It didn't matter who she was. She was my wife."
Madonna and Guy Ritchie got married in a lavish ceremony in Scotland in December 2000. Their divorce was confirmed by her representative, Liz Rosenberg, in October 2008 before then being finalized in January this year.
The two are parents to a 9-year-old son, Rocco John Richie. Besides, they also share custody of their adopted son, David Banda. Madonna herself has a young daughter, Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon, from her relationship with former lover, fitness trainer Carlos Leon.
More Madonna News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back
- Future Flaunts Million-Dollar Chains in Flashy 'Super Trapper' Music Video