Guy Ritchie Brands Madonna 'Retarded', But Still Loves Her
It's been months after he had his divorce to Madonna being finalized, but Guy Ritchie still has a heart for the music star. He tells Esquire in an interview to be featured on its November issue, "I still love her," yet he is quick to add, "but she's retarded, too."
"She's a manifester, if there ever was one," the filmmaker goes on claiming. "First-rate manifester. Madonna makes things happen. Put Madonna up against any 23-year-old, she'll outwork them, outdance them, outperform them."
Addressing on the hard time he has to face after separating from Madonna, Guy opens up, "You can't tell someone when they're getting divorced that their pain is an illusion. I'm f***ing telling you, I feel it. I've been through that ... No one can say you don't feel that."
Despite his bitter marriage life with the pop icon, Guy claims he always thought of Madonna firstly as his wife, telling Esquire, "Madonna, when she came in here, it was old-school London. No one bothered her. 'Hello, darling. How are you, darling? What can we get you?' It was fundamental, old-school. It didn't matter who she was. She was my wife."
Madonna and Guy Ritchie got married in a lavish ceremony in Scotland in December 2000. Their divorce was confirmed by her representative, Liz Rosenberg, in October 2008 before then being finalized in January this year.
The two are parents to a 9-year-old son, Rocco John Richie. Besides, they also share custody of their adopted son, David Banda. Madonna herself has a young daughter, Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon, from her relationship with former lover, fitness trainer Carlos Leon.
More Madonna News
- Real-Life Vigilante! Tom Hardy Goes Into 'Superhero Mode' to Take Down a Thief
- Watch First Footage of ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake
- Rihanna on Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's Romance: She Thinks It's 'Tasteless'
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance