Eminem to Appear at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards
After making headlines when being involved in Bruno's butt-naked segment at this year's MTV Movie Awards, Eminem is set to make a return to another MTV annual awards show. On Thursday, September 10, MTV announced that the Slim Shady will be making a special appearance at the 26th Annual MTV Video Music Awards.
While the network revealed that the rapper has been added to the show's 2009 line-up, it didn't provide more details on what he will offer during the show. His announcement came out along with the confirmation that Alicia Keys will join Jay-Z on stage to perform "Empire State of Mind" off his new effort, "The Blueprint 3".
MTV moreover unveiled more A-listers tapped to present. Jennifer Lopez, Megan Fox, Shakira, Jack Black, Andy Samberg, Jimmy Fallon, Kristin Cavallari, Justin Bieber and Gabe Saporta of Cobra Starship are among the newly-appointed presenters.
2009 MTV Video Music Awards will be broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall, New York City on Sunday, September 13 at 9:00 P.M. (Live ET/Tape Delayed PT). Russell Brand will host the show with Beyonce Knowles, Lady Gaga, Green Day, Taylor Swift and Muse to perform. During the show, a trailer for Michael Jackson's "This Is It" and Summit's "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" will be debuted.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'