Marc Cherry Creates 'Desperate Housewives' Vignettes
Details about extra series that accompanies the sixth season of "Desperate Housewives" have been unearthed. As previously reported, there would be eight vignettes, released weekly as the series' side dish, which are promoting Sprint mobile. Turns out these vignettes are produced by creator Marc Cherry and written by the show's writers.
"They're kind of like the old Taster's Choice commercials, but we added a lot of wicked dark humor, murder and adultery and betrayal," Cherry told EW. Executive Producer Sabrina Wind chimed in, "It's very Desperate Housewives. It was shot on our set, with our crew, and written by our writers."
While EW reported that the 35-second spots will air beginning the show's premiere on September 27, ABC Soaps in Depth said that they will begin as early as Tuesday, September 22 with the introduction of two new characters played by Rebecca Staab and David Chisum. Cherry said Staab and Chisum will play a couple entangled in a "murderous love triangle". None of the show's regulars will be making a cameo in the vignettes though.
The two soap stars will then make a transition to the show on October 25 episode "as background extras". They will reportedly occupy the house left by Edie Britt who died in last season.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard