Marc Cherry Creates 'Desperate Housewives' Vignettes
Details about extra series that accompanies the sixth season of "Desperate Housewives" have been unearthed. As previously reported, there would be eight vignettes, released weekly as the series' side dish, which are promoting Sprint mobile. Turns out these vignettes are produced by creator Marc Cherry and written by the show's writers.
"They're kind of like the old Taster's Choice commercials, but we added a lot of wicked dark humor, murder and adultery and betrayal," Cherry told EW. Executive Producer Sabrina Wind chimed in, "It's very Desperate Housewives. It was shot on our set, with our crew, and written by our writers."
While EW reported that the 35-second spots will air beginning the show's premiere on September 27, ABC Soaps in Depth said that they will begin as early as Tuesday, September 22 with the introduction of two new characters played by Rebecca Staab and David Chisum. Cherry said Staab and Chisum will play a couple entangled in a "murderous love triangle". None of the show's regulars will be making a cameo in the vignettes though.
The two soap stars will then make a transition to the show on October 25 episode "as background extras". They will reportedly occupy the house left by Edie Britt who died in last season.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna