Marc Cherry Creates 'Desperate Housewives' Vignettes
Details about extra series that accompanies the sixth season of "Desperate Housewives" have been unearthed. As previously reported, there would be eight vignettes, released weekly as the series' side dish, which are promoting Sprint mobile. Turns out these vignettes are produced by creator Marc Cherry and written by the show's writers.
"They're kind of like the old Taster's Choice commercials, but we added a lot of wicked dark humor, murder and adultery and betrayal," Cherry told EW. Executive Producer Sabrina Wind chimed in, "It's very Desperate Housewives. It was shot on our set, with our crew, and written by our writers."
While EW reported that the 35-second spots will air beginning the show's premiere on September 27, ABC Soaps in Depth said that they will begin as early as Tuesday, September 22 with the introduction of two new characters played by Rebecca Staab and David Chisum. Cherry said Staab and Chisum will play a couple entangled in a "murderous love triangle". None of the show's regulars will be making a cameo in the vignettes though.
The two soap stars will then make a transition to the show on October 25 episode "as background extras". They will reportedly occupy the house left by Edie Britt who died in last season.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl