Marc Cherry Creates 'Desperate Housewives' Vignettes
Details about extra series that accompanies the sixth season of "Desperate Housewives" have been unearthed. As previously reported, there would be eight vignettes, released weekly as the series' side dish, which are promoting Sprint mobile. Turns out these vignettes are produced by creator Marc Cherry and written by the show's writers.
"They're kind of like the old Taster's Choice commercials, but we added a lot of wicked dark humor, murder and adultery and betrayal," Cherry told EW. Executive Producer Sabrina Wind chimed in, "It's very Desperate Housewives. It was shot on our set, with our crew, and written by our writers."
While EW reported that the 35-second spots will air beginning the show's premiere on September 27, ABC Soaps in Depth said that they will begin as early as Tuesday, September 22 with the introduction of two new characters played by Rebecca Staab and David Chisum. Cherry said Staab and Chisum will play a couple entangled in a "murderous love triangle". None of the show's regulars will be making a cameo in the vignettes though.
The two soap stars will then make a transition to the show on October 25 episode "as background extras". They will reportedly occupy the house left by Edie Britt who died in last season.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'