Marc Cherry Creates 'Desperate Housewives' Vignettes
Details about extra series that accompanies the sixth season of "Desperate Housewives" have been unearthed. As previously reported, there would be eight vignettes, released weekly as the series' side dish, which are promoting Sprint mobile. Turns out these vignettes are produced by creator Marc Cherry and written by the show's writers.
"They're kind of like the old Taster's Choice commercials, but we added a lot of wicked dark humor, murder and adultery and betrayal," Cherry told EW. Executive Producer Sabrina Wind chimed in, "It's very Desperate Housewives. It was shot on our set, with our crew, and written by our writers."
While EW reported that the 35-second spots will air beginning the show's premiere on September 27, ABC Soaps in Depth said that they will begin as early as Tuesday, September 22 with the introduction of two new characters played by Rebecca Staab and David Chisum. Cherry said Staab and Chisum will play a couple entangled in a "murderous love triangle". None of the show's regulars will be making a cameo in the vignettes though.
The two soap stars will then make a transition to the show on October 25 episode "as background extras". They will reportedly occupy the house left by Edie Britt who died in last season.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7