Sneak Peek at James Cameron's 'Avatar' to Be Shown in Hollywood
Before presenting "Avatar" at San Diego Comic Con 2009, director James Cameron and 20th Century Fox will be showing a special sneak peek at the highly-anticipated sci-fi thriller in Los Angeles. Making use of Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, they will hold a full-court press with the nation's leading exhibitors on Thursday, July 16.
The Los Angeles Times broke the news, reporting that during the five-hour meeting, Cameron will show 20 minutes of scenes from the film. The Academy Award's Best Director for "Titanic" will also answer questions about the making and marketing of the movie. The event is explained to be similar to the one held in Amsterdam at Cinema Expo.
As for Comic Con 2009, 20th Century Fox and James Cameron will give out the first public screening of "Avatar" footage in 3-D Thursday, July 23. Taking place in Hall H from 3:00 P.M. to 4:15 P.M., the presentation will be attended by Cameron, producer Jon Landau, and cast members. Which cast members attending the panel are yet to be disclosed.
"Avatar" is directed, co-produced and written also by the "Titanic" helmer James Cameron. It lines up Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodriguez among the cast ensemble. Set to hit U.S. theaters on December 18, it centers on an ex-marine as he is thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service