Sneak Peek at James Cameron's 'Avatar' to Be Shown in Hollywood
Before presenting "Avatar" at San Diego Comic Con 2009, director James Cameron and 20th Century Fox will be showing a special sneak peek at the highly-anticipated sci-fi thriller in Los Angeles. Making use of Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, they will hold a full-court press with the nation's leading exhibitors on Thursday, July 16.
The Los Angeles Times broke the news, reporting that during the five-hour meeting, Cameron will show 20 minutes of scenes from the film. The Academy Award's Best Director for "Titanic" will also answer questions about the making and marketing of the movie. The event is explained to be similar to the one held in Amsterdam at Cinema Expo.
As for Comic Con 2009, 20th Century Fox and James Cameron will give out the first public screening of "Avatar" footage in 3-D Thursday, July 23. Taking place in Hall H from 3:00 P.M. to 4:15 P.M., the presentation will be attended by Cameron, producer Jon Landau, and cast members. Which cast members attending the panel are yet to be disclosed.
"Avatar" is directed, co-produced and written also by the "Titanic" helmer James Cameron. It lines up Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodriguez among the cast ensemble. Set to hit U.S. theaters on December 18, it centers on an ex-marine as he is thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs