Request for Michael Jackson Tribute by Paula Abdul on 'SYTYCD'
Paula Abdul has exchanged messages on Twitter with "So You Think You Can Dance" head judge, Nigel Lythgoe, regarding a tribute for Michael Jackson on the dance show. On Friday, June 26 Nigel wrote, "People please use Twitter-Power. Ask @PaulaAbdul to choreograph a Michael Jackson tribute on SYTYCD" and Paula came with a favorable response later.
As a reply to Nigel's request, Paula wrote, "Have your people call my people Nigel and let's do it! Lol". Paula began her career in the '80s, choreographing for the Jacksons family including for Janet Jackson's "Control". She recalled, "I worked w/ the whole family when they got ready for the Reunion tour,1st video was 'Torture' & did the Victory tour."
In a later post, Nigel replied Paula's response, writing "I would get my people to call yours? But I have 2 issues. 1. I don't know who your people are? 2. I haven't got any people? Xox"
Michael Jackson's death coincided with the result show of "SYTYCD" on Thursday, June 25. Nigel opened the episode by paying tributes to Michael, Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon who all died within the same week. Michael's video of "Thriller" was then played.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'