Request for Michael Jackson Tribute by Paula Abdul on 'SYTYCD'
Paula Abdul has exchanged messages on Twitter with "So You Think You Can Dance" head judge, Nigel Lythgoe, regarding a tribute for Michael Jackson on the dance show. On Friday, June 26 Nigel wrote, "People please use Twitter-Power. Ask @PaulaAbdul to choreograph a Michael Jackson tribute on SYTYCD" and Paula came with a favorable response later.
As a reply to Nigel's request, Paula wrote, "Have your people call my people Nigel and let's do it! Lol". Paula began her career in the '80s, choreographing for the Jacksons family including for Janet Jackson's "Control". She recalled, "I worked w/ the whole family when they got ready for the Reunion tour,1st video was 'Torture' & did the Victory tour."
In a later post, Nigel replied Paula's response, writing "I would get my people to call yours? But I have 2 issues. 1. I don't know who your people are? 2. I haven't got any people? Xox"
Michael Jackson's death coincided with the result show of "SYTYCD" on Thursday, June 25. Nigel opened the episode by paying tributes to Michael, Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon who all died within the same week. Michael's video of "Thriller" was then played.
More So You Think You Can Dance News
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood