Request for Michael Jackson Tribute by Paula Abdul on 'SYTYCD'
Paula Abdul has exchanged messages on Twitter with "So You Think You Can Dance" head judge, Nigel Lythgoe, regarding a tribute for Michael Jackson on the dance show. On Friday, June 26 Nigel wrote, "People please use Twitter-Power. Ask @PaulaAbdul to choreograph a Michael Jackson tribute on SYTYCD" and Paula came with a favorable response later.
As a reply to Nigel's request, Paula wrote, "Have your people call my people Nigel and let's do it! Lol". Paula began her career in the '80s, choreographing for the Jacksons family including for Janet Jackson's "Control". She recalled, "I worked w/ the whole family when they got ready for the Reunion tour,1st video was 'Torture' & did the Victory tour."
In a later post, Nigel replied Paula's response, writing "I would get my people to call yours? But I have 2 issues. 1. I don't know who your people are? 2. I haven't got any people? Xox"
Michael Jackson's death coincided with the result show of "SYTYCD" on Thursday, June 25. Nigel opened the episode by paying tributes to Michael, Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon who all died within the same week. Michael's video of "Thriller" was then played.
More So You Think You Can Dance News
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens