Request for Michael Jackson Tribute by Paula Abdul on 'SYTYCD'
Paula Abdul has exchanged messages on Twitter with "So You Think You Can Dance" head judge, Nigel Lythgoe, regarding a tribute for Michael Jackson on the dance show. On Friday, June 26 Nigel wrote, "People please use Twitter-Power. Ask @PaulaAbdul to choreograph a Michael Jackson tribute on SYTYCD" and Paula came with a favorable response later.
As a reply to Nigel's request, Paula wrote, "Have your people call my people Nigel and let's do it! Lol". Paula began her career in the '80s, choreographing for the Jacksons family including for Janet Jackson's "Control". She recalled, "I worked w/ the whole family when they got ready for the Reunion tour,1st video was 'Torture' & did the Victory tour."
In a later post, Nigel replied Paula's response, writing "I would get my people to call yours? But I have 2 issues. 1. I don't know who your people are? 2. I haven't got any people? Xox"
Michael Jackson's death coincided with the result show of "SYTYCD" on Thursday, June 25. Nigel opened the episode by paying tributes to Michael, Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon who all died within the same week. Michael's video of "Thriller" was then played.
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split