'10 Things I Hate About You' Gets Poster and Press Release
Approaching the series premiere date on July 7, ABC Family has kicked off the promotional effort for "10 Things I Hate About You". Newly released are the poster, as well as the press release that explains what the series is about, who are starring in it and how it is different from the original movie version.
The half-hour series will center on the Stratford sisters, Kat and Bianca, as they start at their new high school with very contradictory goals. Kat is a strong-willed, in-your-face feminist who is looking to save the world and get out of high school as fast as she can. Bianca is a social butterfly whose only concern is that she be popular, at any cost.
Starring as Kat and Bianca respectively are Lindsey Shaw and Meaghan Jette Martin. Bad boy Patrick Verona, a role which was originally filled by Heath Ledger, is taken by Ethan Peck. Playing Mr. Nice Guy is Nicholas Braun from "Princess Protection Program" and enrolling as head cheerleader is "Heroes" star Dana Davis.
Key people from the 1999 film are also back to reprise their roles. Larry Miller is once again the protective father while Gil Junger is back on the director's seat.
"As huge fans of the '10 Things I Hate About You' film, it was very important to us that this new series carry on its spirit, and at the same time introduce new stories and characters that will resonate with the movie's fans and our Millennial audience," said Kate Juergens, EVP, Original Programming and Development, ABC Family.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years