'The Proposal' Goes to Hollywood for World Premiere
Walt Disney Pictures were wasting no time in rolling down the red carpet for a world premiere gala of their upcoming romantic comedy "The Proposal". On Monday, June 1, weeks away from the film's theatrical release, the mouse house made use of the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, California to hold the first screening event for the movie.
Two of the leading actors for the movie, Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, were present on the special night. While Sandra was spotted arriving solo, Ryan went to the premiere accompanied by his mother. The two were later joined by their co-stars, Betty White, Oscar Nunez, Craig T. Nelson, Malin Akerman, Michael Nouri and Mini Anden.
Prior to the premiere, both Sandra and Ryan have sat down with ET's Mary Hart to discuss about their nude scene. Of the matter, Sandra said, "This film needs my nudity to be funny." Ryan, in the meantime, revealed that the "awkward" moments made their friendship even closer. "I thought I knew her before, but now I really know her," he gushed. "We rarely ever talk about work when we hang out with each other. Lo and behold, later we were slamming into each other stark naked on a set in Boston."
Back to the premiere, the special screening event was also attended by comedian/actor George Lopez, "Hannah Montana: The Movie" actress Melora Hardin, "Heroes" actor Jimmy Jean-Louis and "Hairspray" choreographer Adam Shankman among others.
"The Proposal" revolves around Margaret, a high-powered book editor, and her assistant Andrew. When Margaret faces deportation to her native Canada, she comes quick with a solution, declaring that she's actually engaged to Andrew. Having been tormented by Margaret for the years he's been working with her, he agrees to participate in the scheme, but with a few conditions of his own.
With an immigration official on their tails, the unlikely couple heads to Alaska to meet his family and faces another problem as his family plans an impromptu wedding. The movie is directed by "27 Dresses" and "Step Up 2 the Streets" choreographer Anne Fletcher using the script written by first-time writer Pete Chiarelli. It will open in U.S. theaters on June 12.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier