Ryan Seacrest Backing Up Jamie Oliver in New Show
Two television personalities are going to team up for a whole new reality show that will make American people healthier. "The Naked Chef" Jamie Oliver from Britain will star in a new unscripted series which is produced by Ryan Seacrest's production house and scheduled to air on ABC.
The mission is to bring about healthy eating habits to the locals at some areas Stateside. This was loosely based on the project that Oliver did for school canteens in U.K. He set up a 2005 series called "Jamie's School Dinners" where he strove to improve the health of kids at school through a careful watch of their nutrition and observation of their canteen lunch.
In the new series, Oliver will do similarly but would also expand to other places beside schools. "Jamie has been through this mission before," ABC's co-head of alternative series Vicki Dummer said. "He will be an advocate for change, but not act like, 'I'm from Britain and you Americans are fat.' I think he's really equipped to make a change and knock on the right doors."
Seacrest himself is delighted at the thought of health improvement. He said, "I couldn't do what I do in terms of my schedule if I didn't eat right and exercise right. As a kid I was chubby, and I'm a firm believer that the fuel we put into our body results in a healthy lifestyle. Jamie's going to come over here, roll up his sleeves and use the resources of each town to help condition living habits to make it a better and healthier place."
The show is aimed for 2010 schedule and will visit one of the "fattest" cities in America, according to THR.
More Ryan Seacrest News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris