Jennifer Hudson Proposes to Fiance David Otunga, the Details
Already engaged to her actor boyfriend David Otunga, Jennifer Hudson shows her love to her man by proposing back to him. She, as reported by People, popped the question on his birthday last month and presented him with a personally designed 5 carats Neil Lane engagement ring.
It took months to design the gem, Neil claimed. "Jennifer wanted to give him something really special when she asked David to marry her," the jeweler continued. "It was very sentimental and romantic. ... They are really in love."
Giving details about the ring, Neil said it was an "architectural and geometric" platinum and diamond men's ring that was "masculine," yet had "a lot of sparkle." He furthermore explained, "Jennifer and I went through lots of different designs, talked about it a lot and she was very open."
Having no idea about David's ring size, it turned out that the ring was too big. However, Jennifer and David already had the ring being resized at Neil's L.A. store last weekend. "They were so lovey-dovey and so sweet to each other," the jeweler testified. "He was very protective of her and they were so in love."
Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga were initially engaged when he proposed to her on her 27th birthday in September last year. At that time he presented her with a diamond ring that was also designed by Neil Lane.
Notwithstanding the engagement news, Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga have not yet shared their wedding plans to the press. However, the "American Idol" alum has previously said that she will have her three dogs attending her future nuptials and would probably use one of them as a ring bearer.
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury