Complete Recipients of 20th Annual GLAAD Media Awards
20th GLAAD Media Awards took over Los Angeles' Nokia Theater on Saturday, April 18 to give out the honors for LGBT works including in TV shows and feature films. "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" was named the Best Talk Show for the episode "Ellen and Portia's Wedding Day", and accepting the award was the mentioned couple.
Ellen DeGeneres, accompanied by the silent Portia de Rossi, joked on her acceptance speech saying, "I don't know if you saw my show about my colonoscopy. That should have gotten nominated." But added later, "I love you Portia." It was the first presented award of the night, involving also a standing ovation from the audience.
Earlier on the arrival carpet, Ellen revealed what she voiced about the homosexual issue. "Love comes in lots of different forms," she said. "I am flabbergasted by the fact that we're still trying to fight. I am not trying to fight for gay rights - I am trying to fight for equal rights."
Also getting a trophy was Kathy Griffin who took the top honor of Vanguard Award for her "work have increased the visibility and understanding of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community." She appeared in a tiny bikini instead of the gown she wore upon arrival and said "I brought my bangin' bikini bod for you gays!"
Other winners including the Spanish TV documentary about Angie Zapata, who was beaten to death in July after her sexual partner learned she was transgender, are listed below:
- Stephen F. Kolzak Award: The Rt. Rev. V. Gene Robinson
- Special Recognition: "The L Word"
- Special Recognition: Prop 8: The Musical (FunnyorDie.com)
- Outstanding Film - Wide Release: "Milk"
- Outstanding Comedy Series: "Desperate Housewives"
- Outstanding Individual Episode (in a series without an LGBT character): "Unidentified Funk" - "The New Adventures of Old Christine"
- Outstanding Spanish-Language TV Journalism - Newsmagazine: "A juzgar por las apariencias" y "En otro cuerpo" Aqui y Ahora
More The Ellen DeGeneres Show News
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off