'American Idol' Recap: Alexis Grace Booted Off
Along with the cast 31 million votes, one more was yanked from "American Idol" season 8. After securely safe in the first round of elimination, Alexis Grace, the 21-year-old from Memphis ended her journey when the live results was read by Ryan Seacrest on the Wednesday, March 18 telecast.
Alexis stumbled on the Grand Ole Opry night when she sang "Jolene" by Dolly Parton. While the same song managed to save last season's contestant Brooke White from being axed, it unfortunately failed to make Alexis stay in the game. And although she was particularly impressive in the early rounds, the judges refused to spare her another week. "It was good," Simon Cowell said after Alexis reprised the song. "But it wasn't good enough."
"I wish I could have done better, but ... things happen for a reason," Alexis said. Her exit, which also means that she can't join the national 'American Idol' tour, was accompanied by Carrie Underwood's rendition of Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home".
Before the bottom three were announced, the 11 contestants took the stage to sing "T-R-O-U-B-L-E" with Scott MacIntyre on the piano. After Ford music video and a montage of rehearsals and farewell behind the scenes, Ryan started calling names. Danny Gokey was pronounced safe, so was Lil Rounds and Anoop Desai.
Allison Iraheta and Michael Sarver were called next, and both of them were placed on the bottom three. Brad Paisley then appeared as a break, singing "Then". More names were called, Scott MacIntyre, Megan Corckrey, Matt Giraud and Kris Allen were all safe. The last two contestants waiting for the results were Adam Lambert and Alexis Grace.
In respect of the country week, Carrie Underwoood was brought in to perform a duet with this week's mentor, Randy Travis. They sang "I Told You So", a 1988 self-written song by Randy.
With the departure of Alexis, the Top 10 are Adam Lambert, Anoop Desai, Danny Gokey, Kris Allen, Lil Rounds, Matt Giraud, Megan Corkrey, Scott MacIntyre, Michael Sarver and Allison Iraheta.
More American Idol News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service