Artist of the Week: Chris Cornell
Since releasing "Carry On" in 2007, Chris Cornell is ready to invade music industry with another solo studio album, showcasing a new seductive sound. Mixing his alternative rock root with Hip-Hop in the new record, the former member of Audioslave and Soundgarden calls the album "Scream" and will bring it out in U.S. stores on March 10.
Commenting on his R&B music exploration, Chris said the idea of doing such thing is "the most ambitious thing" he has ever done. The singer claimed, "Musically, this is the most ambitious thing I've been a part of. It's almost like a movie soundtrack."
In shaping up the new album, Timbaland, and Justin Timberlake have both been recruited to help Chris recording the music. While Timbaland lends his vocals in single about unrequited love "Long Gone", Justin contributes behind songwriting booth for single "Take Me Alive".
Following the release of "Scream", Chris Cornell will hit the road across America for a tour. Kicking it off in Dallas, Texas on March 28, he next will be scheduled to make live appearances in Georgia, Ohio, Utah, Colorado and Louisiana among other big cities.
In addition to those tour dates, Chris is also expected to rock the stage of Pepsi Music Festival to take place at Santiago's Movistar Arena on March 25. Details on his forthcoming live shows can be found on his MySpace.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'