Artist of the Week: Chris Cornell
Since releasing "Carry On" in 2007, Chris Cornell is ready to invade music industry with another solo studio album, showcasing a new seductive sound. Mixing his alternative rock root with Hip-Hop in the new record, the former member of Audioslave and Soundgarden calls the album "Scream" and will bring it out in U.S. stores on March 10.
Commenting on his R&B music exploration, Chris said the idea of doing such thing is "the most ambitious thing" he has ever done. The singer claimed, "Musically, this is the most ambitious thing I've been a part of. It's almost like a movie soundtrack."
In shaping up the new album, Timbaland, and Justin Timberlake have both been recruited to help Chris recording the music. While Timbaland lends his vocals in single about unrequited love "Long Gone", Justin contributes behind songwriting booth for single "Take Me Alive".
Following the release of "Scream", Chris Cornell will hit the road across America for a tour. Kicking it off in Dallas, Texas on March 28, he next will be scheduled to make live appearances in Georgia, Ohio, Utah, Colorado and Louisiana among other big cities.
In addition to those tour dates, Chris is also expected to rock the stage of Pepsi Music Festival to take place at Santiago's Movistar Arena on March 25. Details on his forthcoming live shows can be found on his MySpace.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby