Artist of the Week: Chris Cornell
Since releasing "Carry On" in 2007, Chris Cornell is ready to invade music industry with another solo studio album, showcasing a new seductive sound. Mixing his alternative rock root with Hip-Hop in the new record, the former member of Audioslave and Soundgarden calls the album "Scream" and will bring it out in U.S. stores on March 10.
Commenting on his R&B music exploration, Chris said the idea of doing such thing is "the most ambitious thing" he has ever done. The singer claimed, "Musically, this is the most ambitious thing I've been a part of. It's almost like a movie soundtrack."
In shaping up the new album, Timbaland, and Justin Timberlake have both been recruited to help Chris recording the music. While Timbaland lends his vocals in single about unrequited love "Long Gone", Justin contributes behind songwriting booth for single "Take Me Alive".
Following the release of "Scream", Chris Cornell will hit the road across America for a tour. Kicking it off in Dallas, Texas on March 28, he next will be scheduled to make live appearances in Georgia, Ohio, Utah, Colorado and Louisiana among other big cities.
In addition to those tour dates, Chris is also expected to rock the stage of Pepsi Music Festival to take place at Santiago's Movistar Arena on March 25. Details on his forthcoming live shows can be found on his MySpace.
More Chris Cornell News
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest