Video: Conan O'Brien's Last Episode on 'Late Night'
The curtain has been drawn for "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" on Friday, February 20 as Conan O'Brien's 2,725th sign off was made the last. A few selected highlights from O'Brien's last episode on the talk show before he moves on with "Tonight Show" in fall, are posted below.
Among the things presented on the telecast were the visits from Will Ferrell who was there as his "Saturday Night Live" persona President Bush, The White Stripes, Abe Vigoda and John Mayer. Andy Ritcher who was O'Brien's co-host for 7 years was also there for the first time after he departed in 2000.
Some montage from the 16 years of the show were also displayed, giving the best moments. It was then followed with a goodbye speech, where O'Brien thanked a massive number of crew who have worked with him for years and bid his fellow talk hosts a good luck. "Lorne Michaels single-handedly made my career in television," O'Brien said of the producer. "I don't know what I did. I must have saved his life at some point. He certainly saved mine."
He said of David Letterman, "He's probably one of the most brilliant broadcasters certainly of the last century, and this century, and for all time. I have a terrific amount of respect for him and what he did - he set the bar absurdly high for everybody in my generation who does this."
Visibly choked up in his farewell tribute, O'Brien continued "We're going on to this next gig, and sometimes I read that it's time for Conan to grow up because he's going to 11:30, and I assure you, that's just not going to happen. I can't. This is who I am, for better or for worse."
- 'President Bush' Stops By
- Notable 'Late Night' Moments
- Conan on After Late Night
- Conan Signs Off for the Last Time
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture