Video: Conan O'Brien's Last Episode on 'Late Night'
The curtain has been drawn for "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" on Friday, February 20 as Conan O'Brien's 2,725th sign off was made the last. A few selected highlights from O'Brien's last episode on the talk show before he moves on with "Tonight Show" in fall, are posted below.
Among the things presented on the telecast were the visits from Will Ferrell who was there as his "Saturday Night Live" persona President Bush, The White Stripes, Abe Vigoda and John Mayer. Andy Ritcher who was O'Brien's co-host for 7 years was also there for the first time after he departed in 2000.
Some montage from the 16 years of the show were also displayed, giving the best moments. It was then followed with a goodbye speech, where O'Brien thanked a massive number of crew who have worked with him for years and bid his fellow talk hosts a good luck. "Lorne Michaels single-handedly made my career in television," O'Brien said of the producer. "I don't know what I did. I must have saved his life at some point. He certainly saved mine."
He said of David Letterman, "He's probably one of the most brilliant broadcasters certainly of the last century, and this century, and for all time. I have a terrific amount of respect for him and what he did - he set the bar absurdly high for everybody in my generation who does this."
Visibly choked up in his farewell tribute, O'Brien continued "We're going on to this next gig, and sometimes I read that it's time for Conan to grow up because he's going to 11:30, and I assure you, that's just not going to happen. I can't. This is who I am, for better or for worse."
- 'President Bush' Stops By
- Notable 'Late Night' Moments
- Conan on After Late Night
- Conan Signs Off for the Last Time
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show