Krysten Ritter Feels 'Lucky' to Nail 'Gossip Girl' Spin-Off Role
Krysten Ritter admitted that she received the good news of her joining "Gossip Girl" spin-off almost at the same time as everybody else. Speaking to Access Hollywood at the premiere of her latest feature movie, "Confessions of a Shopaholic", on Thursday the actress said that she just got the call about an hour before.
"I just got the lead in the 'Gossip Girl' spin-off, so that's pretty cool!" elated Krysten said. "It feels really overwhelming. I'm lucky. I feel like a million bucks!"
She will play Carol Rhodes, the older sister of Lily Rhodes aka Lily van der Woodsen after she got married. Her character will take in Lily to her Los Angeles house after Lily falls out with their parents. Speaking about her part, Krysten said, "I'm playing the outcast. She's an '80s Sunset Strip rocker!"
The spin-off is not yet titled but there will be a back door pilot that airs as an episode of "Gossip Girl" in May.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video