Krysten Ritter Feels 'Lucky' to Nail 'Gossip Girl' Spin-Off Role
Krysten Ritter admitted that she received the good news of her joining "Gossip Girl" spin-off almost at the same time as everybody else. Speaking to Access Hollywood at the premiere of her latest feature movie, "Confessions of a Shopaholic", on Thursday the actress said that she just got the call about an hour before.
"I just got the lead in the 'Gossip Girl' spin-off, so that's pretty cool!" elated Krysten said. "It feels really overwhelming. I'm lucky. I feel like a million bucks!"
She will play Carol Rhodes, the older sister of Lily Rhodes aka Lily van der Woodsen after she got married. Her character will take in Lily to her Los Angeles house after Lily falls out with their parents. Speaking about her part, Krysten said, "I'm playing the outcast. She's an '80s Sunset Strip rocker!"
The spin-off is not yet titled but there will be a back door pilot that airs as an episode of "Gossip Girl" in May.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video