Krysten Ritter Feels 'Lucky' to Nail 'Gossip Girl' Spin-Off Role
Krysten Ritter admitted that she received the good news of her joining "Gossip Girl" spin-off almost at the same time as everybody else. Speaking to Access Hollywood at the premiere of her latest feature movie, "Confessions of a Shopaholic", on Thursday the actress said that she just got the call about an hour before.
"I just got the lead in the 'Gossip Girl' spin-off, so that's pretty cool!" elated Krysten said. "It feels really overwhelming. I'm lucky. I feel like a million bucks!"
She will play Carol Rhodes, the older sister of Lily Rhodes aka Lily van der Woodsen after she got married. Her character will take in Lily to her Los Angeles house after Lily falls out with their parents. Speaking about her part, Krysten said, "I'm playing the outcast. She's an '80s Sunset Strip rocker!"
The spin-off is not yet titled but there will be a back door pilot that airs as an episode of "Gossip Girl" in May.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance