Krysten Ritter Feels 'Lucky' to Nail 'Gossip Girl' Spin-Off Role
Krysten Ritter admitted that she received the good news of her joining "Gossip Girl" spin-off almost at the same time as everybody else. Speaking to Access Hollywood at the premiere of her latest feature movie, "Confessions of a Shopaholic", on Thursday the actress said that she just got the call about an hour before.
"I just got the lead in the 'Gossip Girl' spin-off, so that's pretty cool!" elated Krysten said. "It feels really overwhelming. I'm lucky. I feel like a million bucks!"
She will play Carol Rhodes, the older sister of Lily Rhodes aka Lily van der Woodsen after she got married. Her character will take in Lily to her Los Angeles house after Lily falls out with their parents. Speaking about her part, Krysten said, "I'm playing the outcast. She's an '80s Sunset Strip rocker!"
The spin-off is not yet titled but there will be a back door pilot that airs as an episode of "Gossip Girl" in May.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'