Krysten Ritter Feels 'Lucky' to Nail 'Gossip Girl' Spin-Off Role
Krysten Ritter admitted that she received the good news of her joining "Gossip Girl" spin-off almost at the same time as everybody else. Speaking to Access Hollywood at the premiere of her latest feature movie, "Confessions of a Shopaholic", on Thursday the actress said that she just got the call about an hour before.
"I just got the lead in the 'Gossip Girl' spin-off, so that's pretty cool!" elated Krysten said. "It feels really overwhelming. I'm lucky. I feel like a million bucks!"
She will play Carol Rhodes, the older sister of Lily Rhodes aka Lily van der Woodsen after she got married. Her character will take in Lily to her Los Angeles house after Lily falls out with their parents. Speaking about her part, Krysten said, "I'm playing the outcast. She's an '80s Sunset Strip rocker!"
The spin-off is not yet titled but there will be a back door pilot that airs as an episode of "Gossip Girl" in May.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding