Italy Shooting Details of 'New Moon'
In line to what Kristen Stewart had said earlier, some parts of "New Moon" will be filmed in Italy. Giving further details on the production in this particular European country, Variety reported that the sequel of "Twilight" will be shot in an ancient town in Tuscany region called Volterra.
The trade further explained that the shooting in Italy will be done for two weeks in May, two months after the principal photography begins in Vancouver in March. The town of Volterra itself, in the Stephenie Meyer's second novel of her "Twilight" series, has been described as the place where the powerful Volturi vampire coven reside.
In relation to the Volturi vampire coven, the Screen Actors Guild Award-nominated actress Dakota Fanning is currently in negotiations to play one of the Volturi members, Jane. "The character is what I would be excited about," she told E! News of the character while promoting "Coraline" over the weekend. "It's kind of evil, something I've never done before, and it's a vampire. You know, it's really cool, so I really hope it works out."
While revealing that she hasn't read "New Moon" novel, the soon-to-be 15-year-old admitted she is flattered to be considered right for the role. "I know that Twilight is so sacred to some people, and I know that when people cast certain people, people have their opinions and that's their right," the "Push" star explained. "That's very flattering that they think I'd be right for the part."
A sequel to 2008 hit vampire drama "Twilight", "New Moon" will be directed by "The Golden Compass" helmer Chris Weitz using the script penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg. The romantic drama will see the return of Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner among others.
Centering on the personal conflict Bella experiences, it will chronicle the time Bella Swan is left devastated by the abrupt departure of Edward Cullen. Finding solace in her friendship with Jacob Black, she soon finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves and her loyalty to the vampires is tested. The Summit Entertainment movie is aimed for November 20, 2009 U.S. release.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars