'Twilight' Cast Talk 'New Moon', Dakota Fanning Comments on Jane Role
Attending the Los Angeles premiere of Paul McGuigan's sci-fi thriller "Push" on Thursday, January 29, Dakota Fanning and several "Twilight" cast made time to talk about "New Moon". Talking to Entertainment Weekly (EW), they discussed various topics from the possibility of Fanning taking the offered role as Jane to the film's script.
Expressing her excitement over the possibility of Fanning portraying Jane, the Alice Cullen of "Twilight", Ashley Greene, said at the red carpet, "Dakota Fanning would be great as Jane. I really hope that rumor becomes reality." Yet, the soon-to-be 15-year-old Fanning revealed that she still isn't sure that she will take the offered role, saying "I think it is too soon to say for sure whether I will or won't be in [New Moon]."
Though confessing her uncertainty, Fanning was quick to say that portraying the role would be a "cool" thing to do since she is a fan of the Stephenie Meyer's novel series. "But it would be really cool to do it," she said. "I am a very big fan of the books. I read them all and Jane is an interesting part. We haven't really sat down and talked about it. So we will see. It was a good experience working with Summit. I guess I now have an in at the company."
Moving on to another topic, Greene fessed up that she has read the Melissa Rosenberg's script for the "Twilight" sequel. "I felt like a spy reading it," she recalled. "It does come very close to the tone and the events that are in book 2. There are a couple of things that were changed which I think make it more interesting for the visual medium but nothing that will upset fans of the books. I think it is safe to say that it will make everyone happy."
While Greene's co-star Kellan Lutz also claimed that he has read the "amazing" screenplay, Rachelle Lefevre unfolded that she hasn't seen the script, insisting "They are guarding the script like it is gold." Nonetheless, Lefevre told EW that she is preparing herself to play vengeful Victoria. "I have to figure out how to channel that much hatred and grief healthily because that is a pretty dark place to go," so she claimed.
"New Moon" will be directed by "The Golden Compass" helmer Chris Weitz. To start production in Vancouver in mid-March for November 20 U.S. release, the vampire drama sequel will still see Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner reprising their roles as Bella Swan, Edward Cullen and Jacob Black.
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party