Focus Features Animation '9' Welcomes First Teaser
The first teaser trailer of Focus Features animation, "9", has been released exclusively through Apple. Opened with an aerial shot of a post-apocalyptic world where everything is destroyed and looking bleak, the teaser moves on as a narrator takes over, explaining why he creates 9. As the footage moves on from 9 to the world around the rag doll, he states that his world is ending, but life must go on.
A feature-length adaptation of Shane Acker's short film of the same name, "9" follows a sapient rag doll who finds himself in a post-apocalyptic world. Discovering a small community of others like him taking refuge from fearsome machines that roam the earth intent on their extinction, he convinces the others that hiding will do them no good. They must take the offensive if they are to survive, and they must discover why the machines want to destroy them in the first place. As they'll soon come to learn, the very future of civilization may depend on them.
Featuring the voices of Elijah Wood, Jennifer Connelly, John C. Reilly, Christopher Plummer, Martin Landau and Crispin Glover, the animation feature film have a stylized look resembling stop motion. Set to debut in U.S. theaters on September 9, 2009, it is directed by Shane Acker, who also serves as the film's co-scribbler, and produced by Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov.
"9" Teaser Trailer:
More 9 News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video