Lil Wayne's Record Is T.I. and Ne-Yo's Favorite Album of 2008
T.I. and Ne-Yo both pick up the same name, Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III", when asked what their favorite records of the year are. Beside T.I. and Ne-Yo, other singers admiring Wayne's work are Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy and Gregg Gillis a.k.a Girl Talk.
"I enjoyed Kanye's [West] album, even though that's not really a rap album, but I still enjoyed it. It's different. Of course Wayne's album," T.I. gave his comment. He also put Young Jeezy, Coldplay, Maroon 5 and Estelle on his list when mentioning his favorite ones further.
On Ne-Yo's part, he states that Wayne has a fantastic year in 2008. "I don't think you can mention the year 2008 without mentioning Wayne," he said in regard of his choice. "Wayne has been dope for a really, really long time, and people are just starting to notice it. I knew Wayne was dope since the Hot Boys. He's been dope for a really long time, and it's cool to see him getting the recognition he deserves."
Apart from Wayne, Jazmine Sullivan and Katy Perry are also lucky enough to get noticed by Ne-Yo. "Jazmine Sullivan, newcomer to the game, did really big things this year. Katy Perry, another newcomer to the game, did really big things this year. There was a lot of really good music this year," he claimed.
More T.I. News
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November