Lil Wayne's Record Is T.I. and Ne-Yo's Favorite Album of 2008
T.I. and Ne-Yo both pick up the same name, Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III", when asked what their favorite records of the year are. Beside T.I. and Ne-Yo, other singers admiring Wayne's work are Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy and Gregg Gillis a.k.a Girl Talk.
"I enjoyed Kanye's [West] album, even though that's not really a rap album, but I still enjoyed it. It's different. Of course Wayne's album," T.I. gave his comment. He also put Young Jeezy, Coldplay, Maroon 5 and Estelle on his list when mentioning his favorite ones further.
On Ne-Yo's part, he states that Wayne has a fantastic year in 2008. "I don't think you can mention the year 2008 without mentioning Wayne," he said in regard of his choice. "Wayne has been dope for a really, really long time, and people are just starting to notice it. I knew Wayne was dope since the Hot Boys. He's been dope for a really long time, and it's cool to see him getting the recognition he deserves."
Apart from Wayne, Jazmine Sullivan and Katy Perry are also lucky enough to get noticed by Ne-Yo. "Jazmine Sullivan, newcomer to the game, did really big things this year. Katy Perry, another newcomer to the game, did really big things this year. There was a lot of really good music this year," he claimed.
More T.I. News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video