Taylor Lautner May Not Return to 'New Moon'
Despite "Twilight" success in digging gold at the box office upon its release, its sequel "New Moon" may lose one of its actors, Taylor Lautner. Entertainment Weekly (EW) reported that the actor who takes the role of Jacob Black in "Twilight" may not return to the sequel because Summit Entertainment won't rehire him.
On the possibility of Lautner not coming back to play Black, EW hinted that the reason of Summit unwillingness to bring Lautner back was because the studio consider the teenage actor to be too "young-looking and slight of frame to play the maturing werewolf". Still, the studio have yet to give out statement regarding the speculation.
EW has also reported that Summit are about to hire rumored director Chris Weitz. Despite strong denial of the signing in of Weitz from both Summit and Weitz's agency, the publication noted that sources claimed that the deal is imminent and that negotiations with other potential Moon directors have been stopped.
An adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's second novel in her Twilight series, "New Moon" will be penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg. Both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are expected to reprise their roles as Edward and Bella, while the pre-production of this sequel has been slated to start on December 15 for a tentative release on November 20, 2009.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance