Taylor Lautner May Not Return to 'New Moon'
Despite "Twilight" success in digging gold at the box office upon its release, its sequel "New Moon" may lose one of its actors, Taylor Lautner. Entertainment Weekly (EW) reported that the actor who takes the role of Jacob Black in "Twilight" may not return to the sequel because Summit Entertainment won't rehire him.
On the possibility of Lautner not coming back to play Black, EW hinted that the reason of Summit unwillingness to bring Lautner back was because the studio consider the teenage actor to be too "young-looking and slight of frame to play the maturing werewolf". Still, the studio have yet to give out statement regarding the speculation.
EW has also reported that Summit are about to hire rumored director Chris Weitz. Despite strong denial of the signing in of Weitz from both Summit and Weitz's agency, the publication noted that sources claimed that the deal is imminent and that negotiations with other potential Moon directors have been stopped.
An adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's second novel in her Twilight series, "New Moon" will be penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg. Both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are expected to reprise their roles as Edward and Bella, while the pre-production of this sequel has been slated to start on December 15 for a tentative release on November 20, 2009.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal