Taylor Lautner May Not Return to 'New Moon'
Despite "Twilight" success in digging gold at the box office upon its release, its sequel "New Moon" may lose one of its actors, Taylor Lautner. Entertainment Weekly (EW) reported that the actor who takes the role of Jacob Black in "Twilight" may not return to the sequel because Summit Entertainment won't rehire him.
On the possibility of Lautner not coming back to play Black, EW hinted that the reason of Summit unwillingness to bring Lautner back was because the studio consider the teenage actor to be too "young-looking and slight of frame to play the maturing werewolf". Still, the studio have yet to give out statement regarding the speculation.
EW has also reported that Summit are about to hire rumored director Chris Weitz. Despite strong denial of the signing in of Weitz from both Summit and Weitz's agency, the publication noted that sources claimed that the deal is imminent and that negotiations with other potential Moon directors have been stopped.
An adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's second novel in her Twilight series, "New Moon" will be penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg. Both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are expected to reprise their roles as Edward and Bella, while the pre-production of this sequel has been slated to start on December 15 for a tentative release on November 20, 2009.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'