Promo of 'American Idol' Season 8 Featuring David Cook
Promotional ad for the new season of "American Idol" has arrived, played for several times during the Thanksgiving weekend on FOX. For the first time, the promo features a former champion of the show, David Cook whose life after and before crowned a winner in the seventh season, are compiled as a short story.
The ad starts with the glory that he receives, giving autographs, riding limos and posing for the blitz. It then rewinds backward to the days when he was still auditioning for "Idol" with judge Paula Abdul asking him "Are you the next 'American Idol'?". It then moves forward again with Cook singing his debut single "Light On".
The eight season of "Idol" will be aired on January 13 with songwriter Kara DioGuardi serving as the fourth judge. FOX marketing chief Joe Earley said that the idea of having the show's champions appearing in the promo will continue in the years to come. "We're looking at doing some spots with some other past 'Idol' contestants," he said.
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale