Promo of 'American Idol' Season 8 Featuring David Cook
Promotional ad for the new season of "American Idol" has arrived, played for several times during the Thanksgiving weekend on FOX. For the first time, the promo features a former champion of the show, David Cook whose life after and before crowned a winner in the seventh season, are compiled as a short story.
The ad starts with the glory that he receives, giving autographs, riding limos and posing for the blitz. It then rewinds backward to the days when he was still auditioning for "Idol" with judge Paula Abdul asking him "Are you the next 'American Idol'?". It then moves forward again with Cook singing his debut single "Light On".
The eight season of "Idol" will be aired on January 13 with songwriter Kara DioGuardi serving as the fourth judge. FOX marketing chief Joe Earley said that the idea of having the show's champions appearing in the promo will continue in the years to come. "We're looking at doing some spots with some other past 'Idol' contestants," he said.
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host