Promo of 'American Idol' Season 8 Featuring David Cook
Promotional ad for the new season of "American Idol" has arrived, played for several times during the Thanksgiving weekend on FOX. For the first time, the promo features a former champion of the show, David Cook whose life after and before crowned a winner in the seventh season, are compiled as a short story.
The ad starts with the glory that he receives, giving autographs, riding limos and posing for the blitz. It then rewinds backward to the days when he was still auditioning for "Idol" with judge Paula Abdul asking him "Are you the next 'American Idol'?". It then moves forward again with Cook singing his debut single "Light On".
The eight season of "Idol" will be aired on January 13 with songwriter Kara DioGuardi serving as the fourth judge. FOX marketing chief Joe Earley said that the idea of having the show's champions appearing in the promo will continue in the years to come. "We're looking at doing some spots with some other past 'Idol' contestants," he said.
More American Idol News
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?