Promo of 'American Idol' Season 8 Featuring David Cook
Promotional ad for the new season of "American Idol" has arrived, played for several times during the Thanksgiving weekend on FOX. For the first time, the promo features a former champion of the show, David Cook whose life after and before crowned a winner in the seventh season, are compiled as a short story.
The ad starts with the glory that he receives, giving autographs, riding limos and posing for the blitz. It then rewinds backward to the days when he was still auditioning for "Idol" with judge Paula Abdul asking him "Are you the next 'American Idol'?". It then moves forward again with Cook singing his debut single "Light On".
The eight season of "Idol" will be aired on January 13 with songwriter Kara DioGuardi serving as the fourth judge. FOX marketing chief Joe Earley said that the idea of having the show's champions appearing in the promo will continue in the years to come. "We're looking at doing some spots with some other past 'Idol' contestants," he said.
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization