Promo of 'American Idol' Season 8 Featuring David Cook
Promotional ad for the new season of "American Idol" has arrived, played for several times during the Thanksgiving weekend on FOX. For the first time, the promo features a former champion of the show, David Cook whose life after and before crowned a winner in the seventh season, are compiled as a short story.
The ad starts with the glory that he receives, giving autographs, riding limos and posing for the blitz. It then rewinds backward to the days when he was still auditioning for "Idol" with judge Paula Abdul asking him "Are you the next 'American Idol'?". It then moves forward again with Cook singing his debut single "Light On".
The eight season of "Idol" will be aired on January 13 with songwriter Kara DioGuardi serving as the fourth judge. FOX marketing chief Joe Earley said that the idea of having the show's champions appearing in the promo will continue in the years to come. "We're looking at doing some spots with some other past 'Idol' contestants," he said.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie