Script Finished, 'New Moon' Officially Moving Forward
Following a stunning opening day of "Twilight" on Friday, November 21, Summit Entertainment have come out with a great news for "New Moon", the sequel to the romantic vampire drama on Saturday, November 22. In a press release, the studio announced that the second "Twilight" movie are officially en route.
Though mentioning no further detail, such as the cast, director, release date or an actual start of production date, about the movie based on Stephenie Meyer's second novel of her Twilight series, the press release included Meyer's comment on the "New Moon" adaptation. "I don't think any other author has had a more positive experience with the makers of her movie adaptation than I have had with Summit Entertainment," she said. "I'm thrilled to have the chance to work with them again on New Moon."
On other "New Moon" news, Edward Cullen's depicter, Robert Pattinson, has told the Seattle Times earlier that the script for the sequel has been finished. "The script is already done for the second one," he explained when asked whether "New Moon" will get the green light this November. Previously, it has been reported that "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg has signed on to pen "New Moon" as well as proposed third installment, "Eclipse".
Opening on Friday with an estimated $35.7 million, "Twilight" has scored the largest opening day total for a non-sequel, beating out the $35.2 million opening day of "Iron Man". The Catherine Hardwicke-directed movie then continues its amazing run by collecting an impressive $70.6 million over the weekend, making it to be the biggest opening ever for a female director.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed