'Terminator Salvation' Footage Screened, McG Shares His Thought
An exclusive footage of the upcoming fourth "Terminator" movie, "Terminator Salvation", has been shown to assembled journalists at a special "roadshow" event in Leicester Square, London on Tuesday, November 18. And, IGN has come out with a written description of the so-called world exclusive footage.
The footage reportedly begins with a shot of Marcus Wright opening his eyes and asking, "What day is it? What year?" His question is answered by Kyle Reece who states that they are in the year of 2018. Then, the idea of "Judgment Day" is thrown. The sequences following present clues to the storylines. One of which shows the machines taking live prisoners, so that they can use the prisoners' stem cells and DNA to develop the T800.
Another one displays giant Harvester Terminator, robots used to take humans alive and put them in grim-looking prisoner camps. Other than that, it is also shown that the Resistance struggling to stop the development of the T800 series. On one scene, John Connor is seen stressing on the importance of their work, saying to a fellow member of the Resistance, "If we let these things go online, the war is over."
Apart from the footage description, IGN also posted the interview between the journalists and director McG, discussing on various topics from the reason Christian Bale finally agrees to join the feature project to his initial thought about the making of this movie. One of the interesting questions asked is whether the ending will reveal "Connor is a machine", which McG quickly dissed saying, "Truthfully? Not even close."
He further elaborated, "I can say to you definitely now, Connor is not a machine. That's not to say we didn't toy with the idea; how interesting would it be if the leader of the human resistance was actually a Terminator? But, no; it didn't come down to it in the wash." The rest of the interview can be read at IGN.
Teaming up Christian Bale and Sam Worthington as John Connor and Marcus Wright respectively, "Terminator Salvation" will also see Anton Yelchin, Moon Bloodgood, Common, Bryce Dallas Howard and Helena Bonham Carter as the cast ensemble. It is slated to be released in the U.S. on May 22, 2009.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance