'Terminator Salvation' Footage Screened, McG Shares His Thought
An exclusive footage of the upcoming fourth "Terminator" movie, "Terminator Salvation", has been shown to assembled journalists at a special "roadshow" event in Leicester Square, London on Tuesday, November 18. And, IGN has come out with a written description of the so-called world exclusive footage.
The footage reportedly begins with a shot of Marcus Wright opening his eyes and asking, "What day is it? What year?" His question is answered by Kyle Reece who states that they are in the year of 2018. Then, the idea of "Judgment Day" is thrown. The sequences following present clues to the storylines. One of which shows the machines taking live prisoners, so that they can use the prisoners' stem cells and DNA to develop the T800.
Another one displays giant Harvester Terminator, robots used to take humans alive and put them in grim-looking prisoner camps. Other than that, it is also shown that the Resistance struggling to stop the development of the T800 series. On one scene, John Connor is seen stressing on the importance of their work, saying to a fellow member of the Resistance, "If we let these things go online, the war is over."
Apart from the footage description, IGN also posted the interview between the journalists and director McG, discussing on various topics from the reason Christian Bale finally agrees to join the feature project to his initial thought about the making of this movie. One of the interesting questions asked is whether the ending will reveal "Connor is a machine", which McG quickly dissed saying, "Truthfully? Not even close."
He further elaborated, "I can say to you definitely now, Connor is not a machine. That's not to say we didn't toy with the idea; how interesting would it be if the leader of the human resistance was actually a Terminator? But, no; it didn't come down to it in the wash." The rest of the interview can be read at IGN.
Teaming up Christian Bale and Sam Worthington as John Connor and Marcus Wright respectively, "Terminator Salvation" will also see Anton Yelchin, Moon Bloodgood, Common, Bryce Dallas Howard and Helena Bonham Carter as the cast ensemble. It is slated to be released in the U.S. on May 22, 2009.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics