More Fresh Footage of 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' Crash in Through TV Spots
In support of "The Day the Earth Stood Still", the 20th Century Fox have just presented two brand new television spots for the modern version of the 1951 sci-fi thriller. Bringing several never-before-seen footage, both of the television promos opened with a far shot of glimpsing planet Earth and then it is shown how Klaatu escapes capture.
Remaking the Robert Wise-directed movie of the same name, "Day the Earth Stood Still" tells the story of an alien's arrival to Earth which triggers a global upheaval. Racing to unravel the mystery behind the visitor's appearance, governments and scientists bring in Helen Benson, a microbiologist who works at Princeton University. Though the government sees Klaatu, the alien, as a threat to Earth, Helen and her stepson come to an understanding that Klaatu is actually a "friend to the Earth".
While Wise's version opposes man against man idea, this Scott Derrickson-directed project focuses on the concerns of man against nature. Using a script written by David Scarpa, the 20th Century Fox team up Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Connelly, Kathy Bates, Jon Hamm and Jaden Smith as the cast ensemble for the movie slated for December 12 release in the U.S.
- TV Spot #1:
- TV Spot #1:
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'