More Fresh Footage of 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' Crash in Through TV Spots
In support of "The Day the Earth Stood Still", the 20th Century Fox have just presented two brand new television spots for the modern version of the 1951 sci-fi thriller. Bringing several never-before-seen footage, both of the television promos opened with a far shot of glimpsing planet Earth and then it is shown how Klaatu escapes capture.
Remaking the Robert Wise-directed movie of the same name, "Day the Earth Stood Still" tells the story of an alien's arrival to Earth which triggers a global upheaval. Racing to unravel the mystery behind the visitor's appearance, governments and scientists bring in Helen Benson, a microbiologist who works at Princeton University. Though the government sees Klaatu, the alien, as a threat to Earth, Helen and her stepson come to an understanding that Klaatu is actually a "friend to the Earth".
While Wise's version opposes man against man idea, this Scott Derrickson-directed project focuses on the concerns of man against nature. Using a script written by David Scarpa, the 20th Century Fox team up Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Connelly, Kathy Bates, Jon Hamm and Jaden Smith as the cast ensemble for the movie slated for December 12 release in the U.S.
- TV Spot #1:
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?