Video Premiere: Il Divo's 'The Winner Takes It All (Va Todo Al Ganador)'
A music video in accompaniment of Il Divo's cover of "The Winner Takes It All" has arrived. The video is shot during an event and features the vocal group's live on-stage performance.
"Winner Takes It All" is a 1980 song performed by Swedish pop group ABBA. The song, covered by Il Divo, is renamed "The Winner Takes It All (Va Todo Al Ganador)" and confirmed to appear on their new album "The Promise". Produced by Steve Mac, the effort will be released globally on November 10, except in the U.S. and Canada, where it is scheduled to be dropped on November 18, and in Japan on November 26.
Beside "Winner Takes It All", other cover songs set to be among other tracks on the upcoming record include Frankie Goes to Hollywood's "The Power of Love" and Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". Speaking of their still-in-the-work project, Il Divo's member, David Miller, said, "People might be surprised by this album. Our goal was to approach it with fresh ears and fresh spirits, and try some different things. We've still got all the cannons and fireworks, but there is more range, different dynamics, more light and shade, more color."
In related news, Live Nation Entertainment announce that they have signed a global touring agreement with Il Divo. Kicking off February 21 in Manchester, the 2009 world tour will include other U.K. dates in London, Birmingham, Cardiff, Nottingham, Newcastle, and Glasgow. Their performances will continue throughout Europe in March and early April at arenas in Dublin, Belfast, Rotterdam, Copenhagen, Oslo, and at other venues.
Il Divo's "The Winner Takes It All (Va Todo Al Ganador)" music video:
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does