Will Ferrell as Bush and Tina Fey as Palin on 'SNL', the Video
Striking while the iron is hot, "Saturday Night Live" executive producer Lorne Michaels tapped Will Ferrell to return to the sketch show as current U.S. President George W. Bush. Ferrell did the parody on the show's "Weekend Update" on Thursday, October 23 night, appearing alongside Tina Fey's now-famous impersonation of Sarah Palin.
Among the things that Ferrell's Bush discussed in the skit was the election of between John McCain and Barack Obama. He commented that the presidential candidates are "heavily patriotized" and "display much characterization" and then he offered McCain and Palin, a "prime time, heavily publicized network endorsement from George W. Bush".
Fey's Palin then appeared, shook 'Bush''s hand and said that she has seen him on TV. When Ferrell said to her that the role of a vice president is "the most important in the land" and that president "can't do nothing without checking with the vice president", 'Palin' said that he had it the other way round. Darrell Hammond, standing as McCain, then came in to reluctantly receive the endorsement but his hand got held by Bush.
On other "SNL" news, actress Maya Rudolph reportedly will reprise her role as Michelle Obama in a not-yet-revealed episode. Earlier this week, it was also hinted that Barack Obama himself will appear on the show on November 1, three days before the election, but it has remained a speculation.
The video of the sketch can be watched below:
More Saturday Night Live News
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand