John McCain Confirms Sarah Palin's Appearance on 'SNL'
Republican senator John McCain has made amend to "Late Show with David Letterman" with an appearance on Thursday, October 16, one day after his final presidential debate. One of the things that McCain mentioned during the show is the possibility of his running mate, Sarah Palin, appearing on an episode of the show that has made a comedy out of her in the past few weeks, "Saturday Night Live".
"30 Rock" star Tina Fey that bears a resemblance to the vice president candidate has famously impersonated Palin in a number of "SNL" episodes, making fun of Palin's weakness on domestic policies. There had been rumors swirling that Palin was planning a revenge and will appear on an episode before the election day on November 4.
When asked by Letterman on the issue, McCain confirmed that Palin will appear in person at the show, saying "I think she is, yeah." He continued, "Probably get more of an audience than our debate did."
McCain was on "Letterman" to make up his last minute cancellation on September 24. When confronted by Letterman on that, McCain jokingly answered, "I screwed up". During the show, he also talked about the third and final debate between him and opponent Barack Obama including his apology to Joe the Plumber, his relationship with Gordon Liddy and Palin's view on terrorism.
An excerpt of McCain on "Letterman":
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?