'Inglourious Basterds', the New Title for 'Bastards'
In a unique twist, the title to Quentin Tarantino's s epic war "Inglourious Bastards" will be known from now on as "Inglourious Basterds". Of it, Rotten Tomatoes reported that Weinstein Co. and Universal Pictures, on October 14, 2008, have stated that "Basterds" is indeed the official title, and it is not a misprint.
Aside from unveiling the title, Weinstein also released a new and more detailed synopsis of the movie. This action drama movie will take place in German-occupied France and the story begins with Shosanna Dreyfus witnessing the execution of her family at the hand of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa. Surviving the terrible incident, she flees to Paris and changes her identity as the owner and operator of a cinema.
In another part of Europe, Lieutenant Aldo Raine organizes a group of Jewish soldiers to get involved in suicide mission to redeem themselves. Raine's squad, known as 'The Basterds', joins German actress and undercover agent Bridget Von Hammersmark on a duty to take down the leaders of The Third Reich. All characters meet under a cinema marquee, where Shosanna is poised to carry out a revenge plan of her own.
The star-studded cast ensemble of "Basterds" include Brad Pitt, Mike Myers, Diane Kruger, Eli Roth, Samm Levine, Christoph Walt, B.J. Novak, Michael Fassbender, Julie Dreyfus, Paul Rust, Melanie Laurent and many more. The film meets Tarantino with "Kill Bill" production designer David Wasco and producer Lawrence Bender.
The press release issued by the company also mentioned that the flick has begun its production in Germany recently for 2009 release. Since the beginning, Tarantino has revealed his hope of finishing this flick for the screening at the 62nd Cannes Film Festival next year.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny