Luke Perry Says No to Appear in '90210'
Luke Perry has said "no" to returning as Dylan McKay in "90210". The excitement of his character as the father of Kelly Taylor's son is toned down after he said that he won't appear in the spin-off show.
It was revealed on the Tuesday (September 16) episode of "90210" that Dylan had hooked up with Kelly after "Beverly Hills, 90210" ended and that they have one son together named Sammy. They, however separated four years before the spin-off took off, although Kelly is still very much in love with him. Fans have since expected Perry to have actual cameo in "90210" especially after Jennie Garth, the actress who portrays Kelly, said that there may be more surprises in store.
To The Deadbolt, the actor said, "That would be a no," when asked on the possibility of coming back as Dylan by the site's columnist Troy Rogers. Perry also made references that Dylan is in the hands of The CW, the network that broadcast "90210", saying "They own the name and likeness".
Previously, the show's executive producer Gabe Sachs said that they did not approach Perry when deciding to bring back the character but he said that there might be a possibility of the actor making a cameo in future episodes.
"90210" aside, Perry is still active on small-screen, making a cameo on the new season of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". The episode called "Trials" will see him playing the role as a parent who is under investigation for child abuse. The tenth season will air on NBC on Tuesday, September 23 at 10:00 P.M.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift