Christina Applegate Confirms She's Free from Breast Cancer
It's official, Christina Applegate is cancer free. The actress has confirmed in an interview scheduled to air Tuesday, August 19 on "Good Morning America" that she has a clean bill of health after undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
"I'm clear," Applegate tells ABC News' "Good Morning America". "Absolutely 100 percent clear and clean. It did not spread. They got everything out, so I'm definitely not going to die from breast cancer."
In further interview, Applegate revealed she began getting mammograms at the age of 30 that was 7 years ago. The breast cancer she was diagnosed with earlier this month was discovered in the second of two MRI tests done as a follow-up to a biopsy performed last year. "I was so mad and I - I just remember I was - I was just shaking," so she said recalling the day she got her diagnosis. "And then also immediately, I had to go into ... 'take-care-of-business-mode,' which was ... I asked them, 'What do I do now? What - what is it that I do? I get a doctor, I get a surgeon, I get an oncologist? What do I do?'"
She soon thereafter sought for help to follow a healthy diet of fish, grains, beans and vegetables, and avoiding processed foods. The actress said she "immediately made those appointments and immediately called around for ... someone to start teaching me how to live macrobiotically."
Applegate, who stars in the ABC show "Samantha Who?" as a woman who wakes from a coma with no memory of who she is, was confirmed on August 2 to have been "diagnosed with an early form of breast cancer." Her representative told the press that "Benefiting from early detection through a doctor ordered MRI, the cancer is not life threatening" adding "Christina is following the recommended treatment of her doctors and will have a full recovery. No further statement will be issued at this time."
Despite her breast cancer diagnosis, Applegate will still be in hand for a scheduled appearance in "Stand Up to Cancer" telethon on September 8. The event, which also involves the likes of Meryl Streep, Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johansson, Charlize Theron, and Sally Field, will be broadcast simultaneously on CBS, NBC and ABC.
Applegate's "Good Morning America" interview will be aired at 7 A.M. Tuesday.
- Ariana Grande Is 'Broken' After Deadly Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Major Lazer Previews Travis Scott, Quavo and Camila Cabello Collaboration During Alabama Show
- Kourtney Kardashian Never Gets Serious With Younes Bendjima as He's Just Her Fling
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- 'Teen Mom OG' Star Amber Portwood Denies She's Pregnant With Matt Baier's Child
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes