Olympic Swimmer and Model Amanda Beard Appears Naked for PETA Ad
An Olympic gold medalist, Amanda Beard is no stranger to posing sexy for photo shoot as she is a model too. Giving her latter role a whole new meaning, she opts to take her clothes off, appearing naked before the world for good cause, namely PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
In the organization's new ad, which is about to be debuted on Wednesday, August 6 at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, just two days before the start of the games, Amanda is seen posing nude in front of the Water Cube swimming venue. The ad features her next to the tagline that reads, "Be Comfortable in Your Own Skin. Don't Wear Fur."
Amanda herself told PETA, "Seeing animals slaughtered to be worn as fashion is awful to me, so I'm definitely against wearing fur ... I'd much rather go naked than ever put a dead animal on my body." Lending a helping hand to raise awareness of the cruelty of fur industry, she doesn't regret posing nude for PETA, saying "I'd much rather go naked than ever put a dead animal on my body."
Amanda is no stranger to stripping down. She once posed nude for famous men's magazine Playboy in 2007 and has also graced the pages of Sports Illustrated and FHM magazines.
As a swimmer, she came to prominence at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics when at a mere age of 14 she took her teddy bear with her on to the victory podium. She won gold in the 200m breaststroke at the Athens Olympics in 2004.
PETA and Amanda have scheduled a news conference in Beijing on Wednesday afternoon. AccessHollywood will offer full coverage of the event. The organization's ad that stars Amanda can be seen on its official site.
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat