Olympic Swimmer and Model Amanda Beard Appears Naked for PETA Ad
An Olympic gold medalist, Amanda Beard is no stranger to posing sexy for photo shoot as she is a model too. Giving her latter role a whole new meaning, she opts to take her clothes off, appearing naked before the world for good cause, namely PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
In the organization's new ad, which is about to be debuted on Wednesday, August 6 at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, just two days before the start of the games, Amanda is seen posing nude in front of the Water Cube swimming venue. The ad features her next to the tagline that reads, "Be Comfortable in Your Own Skin. Don't Wear Fur."
Amanda herself told PETA, "Seeing animals slaughtered to be worn as fashion is awful to me, so I'm definitely against wearing fur ... I'd much rather go naked than ever put a dead animal on my body." Lending a helping hand to raise awareness of the cruelty of fur industry, she doesn't regret posing nude for PETA, saying "I'd much rather go naked than ever put a dead animal on my body."
Amanda is no stranger to stripping down. She once posed nude for famous men's magazine Playboy in 2007 and has also graced the pages of Sports Illustrated and FHM magazines.
As a swimmer, she came to prominence at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics when at a mere age of 14 she took her teddy bear with her on to the victory podium. She won gold in the 200m breaststroke at the Athens Olympics in 2004.
PETA and Amanda have scheduled a news conference in Beijing on Wednesday afternoon. AccessHollywood will offer full coverage of the event. The organization's ad that stars Amanda can be seen on its official site.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'