Girls Aloud Heading for Small Screen, to Star in New Drama 'The Secret World Of Sam King'
British girl band Girls Aloud is invading the small screen. The music act is heading for TV, set to star in a new-developed drama series titled "The Secret World Of Sam King."
The series, created by record label Universal Records, will be shown exclusively to users of teen social networking site Bebo and will base its main character on American Idol judge Simon Cowell. The story of the series will be focused on the early days of the main character, a young boy, in the music business, showing his brilliance at spotting new talents just like Simon did during his youth.
The fivesome; Cheryl Cole, Sarah Harding, Nadine Coyle, Kimberley Walsh, and Nicola Roberts are said to be excited to take part on the project.
"They're all really excited - it promises to be a lot of fun. They've made a lot of really cool videos and appeared in the St Trinian's film last year," a friend of the all-girls group told British newspaper the Daily Star. "It's no secret that several of the girls harbour ambitions to get into acting and this will prove a great showcase."
Other famous artists including Amy Winehouse, soul singer Duffy, Razorlight and The Feeling are expected to make guest appearances on the show.
The release date of the series has not yet been announced.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake