Girls Aloud Heading for Small Screen, to Star in New Drama 'The Secret World Of Sam King'
British girl band Girls Aloud is invading the small screen. The music act is heading for TV, set to star in a new-developed drama series titled "The Secret World Of Sam King."
The series, created by record label Universal Records, will be shown exclusively to users of teen social networking site Bebo and will base its main character on American Idol judge Simon Cowell. The story of the series will be focused on the early days of the main character, a young boy, in the music business, showing his brilliance at spotting new talents just like Simon did during his youth.
The fivesome; Cheryl Cole, Sarah Harding, Nadine Coyle, Kimberley Walsh, and Nicola Roberts are said to be excited to take part on the project.
"They're all really excited - it promises to be a lot of fun. They've made a lot of really cool videos and appeared in the St Trinian's film last year," a friend of the all-girls group told British newspaper the Daily Star. "It's no secret that several of the girls harbour ambitions to get into acting and this will prove a great showcase."
Other famous artists including Amy Winehouse, soul singer Duffy, Razorlight and The Feeling are expected to make guest appearances on the show.
The release date of the series has not yet been announced.
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer