'Pineapple Express' Sequel Gets Thumbs Up
The stoner comedy "Pineapple Express" has yet to make its theatrical screening, but apparently people behind the promised-to-be-hilarious film has a bigger plan for it. From an interview with the film's co-scribbler/actor, Seth Rogen, it is revealed that the Judd Apatow-produced tidbit may get a sequel in the coming future.
Hinting on the possibility of a follow-up movie, the co-star of Katherine Heigl in romantic comedy "Knocked Up" revealed that the studio financing the film has definitely been considering to back up "Pineapple Express 2". "But this one, it's not a precious coming-of-age story like Superbad, it's a weed action-movie and if it did well, and they gave us like $50 million dollars (as opposed to the $26M we got for this one) we could benefit from that," gushed the 26-year-old.
On the same occasion, the man who gives voice to Master Mantis in the blockbuster animation comedy "Kung Fu Panda" confessed that there will be no "Superbad 2". Though noting that the studio is much interested to develop the sequel, he and others have decided not to. "They're been wanting us to do a sequel to Superbad for so long - but we've held off," said Rogen. "We eventually said No."
Telling the story of two careless stoners, Dale Denton and Saul Silver, "Pineapple Express" follows the two as they try to escape their murder by the city's most dangerous drug lord after Denton incidentally becomes a witness of a crooked cop's murder by the drug lord. Directed by "Snow Angels" director David Gordon Green, the Columbia Pictures' movie are scripted by Rogen and his co-writing partner for "Superbad", Evan Goldberg. Aside from Rogen, it stars also James Franco, Danny McBride, Rosie Perez and Amber Heard. The film is set for August 8 release.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed