'Pineapple Express' Sequel Gets Thumbs Up
The stoner comedy "Pineapple Express" has yet to make its theatrical screening, but apparently people behind the promised-to-be-hilarious film has a bigger plan for it. From an interview with the film's co-scribbler/actor, Seth Rogen, it is revealed that the Judd Apatow-produced tidbit may get a sequel in the coming future.
Hinting on the possibility of a follow-up movie, the co-star of Katherine Heigl in romantic comedy "Knocked Up" revealed that the studio financing the film has definitely been considering to back up "Pineapple Express 2". "But this one, it's not a precious coming-of-age story like Superbad, it's a weed action-movie and if it did well, and they gave us like $50 million dollars (as opposed to the $26M we got for this one) we could benefit from that," gushed the 26-year-old.
On the same occasion, the man who gives voice to Master Mantis in the blockbuster animation comedy "Kung Fu Panda" confessed that there will be no "Superbad 2". Though noting that the studio is much interested to develop the sequel, he and others have decided not to. "They're been wanting us to do a sequel to Superbad for so long - but we've held off," said Rogen. "We eventually said No."
Telling the story of two careless stoners, Dale Denton and Saul Silver, "Pineapple Express" follows the two as they try to escape their murder by the city's most dangerous drug lord after Denton incidentally becomes a witness of a crooked cop's murder by the drug lord. Directed by "Snow Angels" director David Gordon Green, the Columbia Pictures' movie are scripted by Rogen and his co-writing partner for "Superbad", Evan Goldberg. Aside from Rogen, it stars also James Franco, Danny McBride, Rosie Perez and Amber Heard. The film is set for August 8 release.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart