Artist of the Week 25 - 2008 : Adele
She has been dubbed the next Amy Winehouse. She has had a number one album in U.K. at the age of 19. She doesn't need to fit in the ideal music industry weight to be in the mainstream. She is Adele, a British new sensation that has been dubbed the 'It' girl of soul, and it's easy to see why.
With distinctive voice, Adele comes up right on track as one of the most promising music acts Britain has. With the budding interest on soul and jazz sounds that have been mapped out by Winehouse, her single "Chasing the Pavements" easily slips to people's ears as catchy and notable. The single went straight to #2 on U.K. Singles chart on downloads alone. When the album "19" was released in U.K. in January 2008, the sale went wild that it debuted at #1 on the Albums chart and went on selling more than 300,000 copies.
Soon she grew a large base of fans, who eventually opt her as the worthy recipient of Brit Critics' Choice Award at the 2008 BRIT Awards. Due to her popularity, the album was scheduled for a U.S. release on June 10.
Her path to success has just been built, promising more colors to the music scene.
More Adele News
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'