Artist of the Week 25 - 2008 : Adele
She has been dubbed the next Amy Winehouse. She has had a number one album in U.K. at the age of 19. She doesn't need to fit in the ideal music industry weight to be in the mainstream. She is Adele, a British new sensation that has been dubbed the 'It' girl of soul, and it's easy to see why.
With distinctive voice, Adele comes up right on track as one of the most promising music acts Britain has. With the budding interest on soul and jazz sounds that have been mapped out by Winehouse, her single "Chasing the Pavements" easily slips to people's ears as catchy and notable. The single went straight to #2 on U.K. Singles chart on downloads alone. When the album "19" was released in U.K. in January 2008, the sale went wild that it debuted at #1 on the Albums chart and went on selling more than 300,000 copies.
Soon she grew a large base of fans, who eventually opt her as the worthy recipient of Brit Critics' Choice Award at the 2008 BRIT Awards. Due to her popularity, the album was scheduled for a U.S. release on June 10.
Her path to success has just been built, promising more colors to the music scene.
More Adele News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video