'Alvin and the Chipmunks' Sequel Coming Up 2010
The harmony singing chipmunks will be back serenading moviegoers in the silver screen. Bringing good news to the 'Alvin' lovers, the 20th Century Fox came out with the release date of the sequel to their successful CGI animated family movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks".
Aiming to generate another big surprise at the box office, "Alvin and the Chipmunks 2" will be officially singing their way to the theaters on March 19, 2010. The sequel reportedly will be focused on the female counterparts of the Chipmunks, the Chipettes which consists of Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor Miller.
Regarding the sequel, Janice Karman, the creator of the Chipettes has confessed to MTV earlier that the producers have thought of bringing the anthropomorphic chipmunk singers to the sequel. "There has been a lot of talk about it," said Karman who also serves as "Alvin" co-producer. "A lot of people have been asking about the little girls." Adding to Karman's comment, producer Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. stated, "We're hoping that there are all sorts of new things going on; we loved doing this movie, and we love the new look of it. We just want to take the chipmunks where no other chipmunk has ever gone before."
Based on the Grammy Award-winning animated musical group and animated series created by Ross Bagdasarian, Sr., "Alvin" brings back the lovable trio to the eyes of its fans as the movie screened throughout the country on December 14, 2007. Combining a real live stars with animated chipmunks, it successfully debuted second to "I Am Legend" and has since collected $217.3 million in North America and $358.4 million worldwide.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years