'Alvin and the Chipmunks' Sequel Coming Up 2010
The harmony singing chipmunks will be back serenading moviegoers in the silver screen. Bringing good news to the 'Alvin' lovers, the 20th Century Fox came out with the release date of the sequel to their successful CGI animated family movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks".
Aiming to generate another big surprise at the box office, "Alvin and the Chipmunks 2" will be officially singing their way to the theaters on March 19, 2010. The sequel reportedly will be focused on the female counterparts of the Chipmunks, the Chipettes which consists of Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor Miller.
Regarding the sequel, Janice Karman, the creator of the Chipettes has confessed to MTV earlier that the producers have thought of bringing the anthropomorphic chipmunk singers to the sequel. "There has been a lot of talk about it," said Karman who also serves as "Alvin" co-producer. "A lot of people have been asking about the little girls." Adding to Karman's comment, producer Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. stated, "We're hoping that there are all sorts of new things going on; we loved doing this movie, and we love the new look of it. We just want to take the chipmunks where no other chipmunk has ever gone before."
Based on the Grammy Award-winning animated musical group and animated series created by Ross Bagdasarian, Sr., "Alvin" brings back the lovable trio to the eyes of its fans as the movie screened throughout the country on December 14, 2007. Combining a real live stars with animated chipmunks, it successfully debuted second to "I Am Legend" and has since collected $217.3 million in North America and $358.4 million worldwide.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris