Sequel Plan of 'Anchorman 2' Outed
Answering to the sequel buzz sparked earlier by "Anchorman" producer Judd Apatow, Adam McKay, the director/scribbler of the comedy movie, added more fuel to the already burning speculation. In a press junket for "The Foot Fish Way" on May 4, the former writer for "Saturday Night Live" let out his sequel plan on the movie about the San Diego's top-rated anchorman in the '70s.
Ensuring that "Anchorman 2" will certainly be brought to the big screen, McKay confessed to Collinder.com on when he may bring the project forth. "...Will and I are like let's do Anchorman...so you're talking like 2 years maybe we'll do it. But we're going to do it, for sure," insisted the man behind "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby". He then revealed that the potential draw back of the sequel is the possibly of not be able to bring back of the original cast stating, "We're dying to do it. Unless we can't get the cast together, which is always kind of a tricky thing. But, I think, with that cast we're all friends, so yeah, we want to do it."
The first "Anchorman" which features the likes of Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, David Koechner, Steve Carell, Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson was co-scripted by McKay and Ferrell. The DreamWorks' film that was released on July 9, 2004 has debuted second to "Spider-Man 2" in its first opening weekend and has since grossed in total $85.3 million domestically and nearly $91 million worldwide.
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes