Cate Blanchett Showed Off Newborn Son at Australia Summit
Gave birth to a baby boy, her third son with husband Andrew Upton, last week, Cate Blanchett showed off her newborn son, named Ignatius Martin Upton, during day one of the Australia 2020 Summit held at Parliament House on Saturday, April 19 in Canberra, Australia. The mother-and-son thus stole the spotlight from more than 1,000 of Australia's top citizens.
"It is a measure of my belief in the weekend that I am here at all," Blanchett said. "As you could imagine, I would rather be in bed."
Speaking about her attending the arts summit, Blanchett was quoted as claiming the event as the start of "a long and meaningful relationship between artists and the government - not as an adjunct to, but as a fundamental aspect of, society."
Blanchett gave birth to Ignatius on April 13 at a Sydney hospital. "All are well and very happy," said Tim McKeough, media relations manager at the Sydney Theatre Company, where Blanchett and Upton are co-artistic directors. Her two other sons are Dashiell John and Roman Robert.
On screen, Blanchett most recently appeared in "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" and "I'm Not There". She could next be seen starring in the highly-anticipated action-adventure "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
More Cate Blanchett News
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'