Cate Blanchett Showed Off Newborn Son at Australia Summit
Gave birth to a baby boy, her third son with husband Andrew Upton, last week, Cate Blanchett showed off her newborn son, named Ignatius Martin Upton, during day one of the Australia 2020 Summit held at Parliament House on Saturday, April 19 in Canberra, Australia. The mother-and-son thus stole the spotlight from more than 1,000 of Australia's top citizens.
"It is a measure of my belief in the weekend that I am here at all," Blanchett said. "As you could imagine, I would rather be in bed."
Speaking about her attending the arts summit, Blanchett was quoted as claiming the event as the start of "a long and meaningful relationship between artists and the government - not as an adjunct to, but as a fundamental aspect of, society."
Blanchett gave birth to Ignatius on April 13 at a Sydney hospital. "All are well and very happy," said Tim McKeough, media relations manager at the Sydney Theatre Company, where Blanchett and Upton are co-artistic directors. Her two other sons are Dashiell John and Roman Robert.
On screen, Blanchett most recently appeared in "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" and "I'm Not There". She could next be seen starring in the highly-anticipated action-adventure "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
More Cate Blanchett News
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream