Cate Blanchett Showed Off Newborn Son at Australia Summit
Gave birth to a baby boy, her third son with husband Andrew Upton, last week, Cate Blanchett showed off her newborn son, named Ignatius Martin Upton, during day one of the Australia 2020 Summit held at Parliament House on Saturday, April 19 in Canberra, Australia. The mother-and-son thus stole the spotlight from more than 1,000 of Australia's top citizens.
"It is a measure of my belief in the weekend that I am here at all," Blanchett said. "As you could imagine, I would rather be in bed."
Speaking about her attending the arts summit, Blanchett was quoted as claiming the event as the start of "a long and meaningful relationship between artists and the government - not as an adjunct to, but as a fundamental aspect of, society."
Blanchett gave birth to Ignatius on April 13 at a Sydney hospital. "All are well and very happy," said Tim McKeough, media relations manager at the Sydney Theatre Company, where Blanchett and Upton are co-artistic directors. Her two other sons are Dashiell John and Roman Robert.
On screen, Blanchett most recently appeared in "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" and "I'm Not There". She could next be seen starring in the highly-anticipated action-adventure "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers