Cate Blanchett Showed Off Newborn Son at Australia Summit
Gave birth to a baby boy, her third son with husband Andrew Upton, last week, Cate Blanchett showed off her newborn son, named Ignatius Martin Upton, during day one of the Australia 2020 Summit held at Parliament House on Saturday, April 19 in Canberra, Australia. The mother-and-son thus stole the spotlight from more than 1,000 of Australia's top citizens.
"It is a measure of my belief in the weekend that I am here at all," Blanchett said. "As you could imagine, I would rather be in bed."
Speaking about her attending the arts summit, Blanchett was quoted as claiming the event as the start of "a long and meaningful relationship between artists and the government - not as an adjunct to, but as a fundamental aspect of, society."
Blanchett gave birth to Ignatius on April 13 at a Sydney hospital. "All are well and very happy," said Tim McKeough, media relations manager at the Sydney Theatre Company, where Blanchett and Upton are co-artistic directors. Her two other sons are Dashiell John and Roman Robert.
On screen, Blanchett most recently appeared in "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" and "I'm Not There". She could next be seen starring in the highly-anticipated action-adventure "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?