Cate Blanchett Showed Off Newborn Son at Australia Summit
Gave birth to a baby boy, her third son with husband Andrew Upton, last week, Cate Blanchett showed off her newborn son, named Ignatius Martin Upton, during day one of the Australia 2020 Summit held at Parliament House on Saturday, April 19 in Canberra, Australia. The mother-and-son thus stole the spotlight from more than 1,000 of Australia's top citizens.
"It is a measure of my belief in the weekend that I am here at all," Blanchett said. "As you could imagine, I would rather be in bed."
Speaking about her attending the arts summit, Blanchett was quoted as claiming the event as the start of "a long and meaningful relationship between artists and the government - not as an adjunct to, but as a fundamental aspect of, society."
Blanchett gave birth to Ignatius on April 13 at a Sydney hospital. "All are well and very happy," said Tim McKeough, media relations manager at the Sydney Theatre Company, where Blanchett and Upton are co-artistic directors. Her two other sons are Dashiell John and Roman Robert.
On screen, Blanchett most recently appeared in "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" and "I'm Not There". She could next be seen starring in the highly-anticipated action-adventure "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video