Pete Doherty Sentenced to 14 Weeks in Jail for Breaching Terms of Probation
Trouble managed to find Pete Doherty, again. The troubled rock star was on Tuesday, April 8 during a London court hearing sentenced to 14 weeks in jail after being found violating the term of his probation and for using unspecified drugs.
Doherty has been in and out of court in recent months due to his well-publicized battle with drug abuse. His manager said there were "numerous reasons" that the singer/songwriter had been jailed, one of which was "his latecoming at probation hearings."
Doherty was handed a two-year suspended jail term October last year in addition to a 12-month drug rehabilitation order, as well as an 18-month supervision order for drug possession and driving illegally. He, moreover, was also ordered to pay fine.
The sentence stemmed from a May arrest for which the Babyshambles frontman pleaded guilty to possession of crack cocaine, heroin, ketamine and cannabis.
Confirmed the jail sentence, Doherty's label Parlophone Records said that it forced the rocker to reschedule a performance at the Royal Albert Hall scheduled for April 26. "Peter was very much looking forward to the show and would like to offer his sincerest apologies to all his fans and to all those concerned," Parlaphone Records said in a statement.
The jail term means Doherty will also miss a planned appearance at the "Love Music Hate Racism" event in London the following day. His appearance at Britain's high-profile Glastonbury festival at the end of June is in doubt as well.
A representative for the Doherty, according to E! News, has already vowed to appeal the ruling.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?