Pete Doherty Sentenced to 14 Weeks in Jail for Breaching Terms of Probation
Trouble managed to find Pete Doherty, again. The troubled rock star was on Tuesday, April 8 during a London court hearing sentenced to 14 weeks in jail after being found violating the term of his probation and for using unspecified drugs.
Doherty has been in and out of court in recent months due to his well-publicized battle with drug abuse. His manager said there were "numerous reasons" that the singer/songwriter had been jailed, one of which was "his latecoming at probation hearings."
Doherty was handed a two-year suspended jail term October last year in addition to a 12-month drug rehabilitation order, as well as an 18-month supervision order for drug possession and driving illegally. He, moreover, was also ordered to pay fine.
The sentence stemmed from a May arrest for which the Babyshambles frontman pleaded guilty to possession of crack cocaine, heroin, ketamine and cannabis.
Confirmed the jail sentence, Doherty's label Parlophone Records said that it forced the rocker to reschedule a performance at the Royal Albert Hall scheduled for April 26. "Peter was very much looking forward to the show and would like to offer his sincerest apologies to all his fans and to all those concerned," Parlaphone Records said in a statement.
The jail term means Doherty will also miss a planned appearance at the "Love Music Hate Racism" event in London the following day. His appearance at Britain's high-profile Glastonbury festival at the end of June is in doubt as well.
A representative for the Doherty, according to E! News, has already vowed to appeal the ruling.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support