Pete Doherty Sentenced to 14 Weeks in Jail for Breaching Terms of Probation
Trouble managed to find Pete Doherty, again. The troubled rock star was on Tuesday, April 8 during a London court hearing sentenced to 14 weeks in jail after being found violating the term of his probation and for using unspecified drugs.
Doherty has been in and out of court in recent months due to his well-publicized battle with drug abuse. His manager said there were "numerous reasons" that the singer/songwriter had been jailed, one of which was "his latecoming at probation hearings."
Doherty was handed a two-year suspended jail term October last year in addition to a 12-month drug rehabilitation order, as well as an 18-month supervision order for drug possession and driving illegally. He, moreover, was also ordered to pay fine.
The sentence stemmed from a May arrest for which the Babyshambles frontman pleaded guilty to possession of crack cocaine, heroin, ketamine and cannabis.
Confirmed the jail sentence, Doherty's label Parlophone Records said that it forced the rocker to reschedule a performance at the Royal Albert Hall scheduled for April 26. "Peter was very much looking forward to the show and would like to offer his sincerest apologies to all his fans and to all those concerned," Parlaphone Records said in a statement.
The jail term means Doherty will also miss a planned appearance at the "Love Music Hate Racism" event in London the following day. His appearance at Britain's high-profile Glastonbury festival at the end of June is in doubt as well.
A representative for the Doherty, according to E! News, has already vowed to appeal the ruling.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital