'Harold and Kumar' to Have Spin-Off Featuring Neil Patrick Harris?
Talking about the upcoming film "Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay" at 2008 SXSW Film Festival, writer-directors Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg revealed that there is a big possibility that the franchise will continue. In fact, according to AICN, the filmmakers behind the comedy starring Kal Penn and John Cho may be having a spin-off with Neil Patrick Harris in it.
When asked by the movie news site about the possibility of having a spin-off from the films, Harris revealed his excitement. "Part of me thinks that would be really hilarious just to make up this fictitious back story of my family and that makes me think of Steve Martin in THE JERK, just going really outlandish and then part of me thinks that is just truly jumping the shark, so I don't know," he also told AICN. "When you are spinning off a character that's based on a real person, but not real...I don't know, it might be too much, but if anyone can write it..."
Meanwhile, the Warner Bros. Pictures' movie sequel will once again see Penn and Cho as the two leading characters. This time, the two slacker anti-heroes get into troubles as they are trying to sneak a bong into a flight to Amsterdam. "Escape from Guantanamo Bay" is set to bow in the theaters on April 25.
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'