'Harold and Kumar' to Have Spin-Off Featuring Neil Patrick Harris?
Talking about the upcoming film "Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay" at 2008 SXSW Film Festival, writer-directors Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg revealed that there is a big possibility that the franchise will continue. In fact, according to AICN, the filmmakers behind the comedy starring Kal Penn and John Cho may be having a spin-off with Neil Patrick Harris in it.
When asked by the movie news site about the possibility of having a spin-off from the films, Harris revealed his excitement. "Part of me thinks that would be really hilarious just to make up this fictitious back story of my family and that makes me think of Steve Martin in THE JERK, just going really outlandish and then part of me thinks that is just truly jumping the shark, so I don't know," he also told AICN. "When you are spinning off a character that's based on a real person, but not real...I don't know, it might be too much, but if anyone can write it..."
Meanwhile, the Warner Bros. Pictures' movie sequel will once again see Penn and Cho as the two leading characters. This time, the two slacker anti-heroes get into troubles as they are trying to sneak a bong into a flight to Amsterdam. "Escape from Guantanamo Bay" is set to bow in the theaters on April 25.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!