'Harold and Kumar' to Have Spin-Off Featuring Neil Patrick Harris?
Talking about the upcoming film "Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay" at 2008 SXSW Film Festival, writer-directors Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg revealed that there is a big possibility that the franchise will continue. In fact, according to AICN, the filmmakers behind the comedy starring Kal Penn and John Cho may be having a spin-off with Neil Patrick Harris in it.
When asked by the movie news site about the possibility of having a spin-off from the films, Harris revealed his excitement. "Part of me thinks that would be really hilarious just to make up this fictitious back story of my family and that makes me think of Steve Martin in THE JERK, just going really outlandish and then part of me thinks that is just truly jumping the shark, so I don't know," he also told AICN. "When you are spinning off a character that's based on a real person, but not real...I don't know, it might be too much, but if anyone can write it..."
Meanwhile, the Warner Bros. Pictures' movie sequel will once again see Penn and Cho as the two leading characters. This time, the two slacker anti-heroes get into troubles as they are trying to sneak a bong into a flight to Amsterdam. "Escape from Guantanamo Bay" is set to bow in the theaters on April 25.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says