Video Premiere: Talib Kweli's 'Hostile Gospel Part 1'
Talib Kweli has pulled out another single and its music video from his charting album, "Eardrum" (2007). The song "Hostile Gospel Pt. 1 (Deliver Us)" that samples electronic band Space's "Deliverance" receives its music video premiere.
The video opens with a scene in Lagos, Nigeria and about the song itself, Kweli who rapped "Hip-Hop is not a Nation" explained to Hip-HopDX.com, "I don't think we necessarily need to be a nation. A nation is bigger than a genre of music or a lifestyle. A nation requires nation-building. It requires real structure. That's not what Hip Hop is about. Hip Hop is about rebelling and being free - not that a nation isn't about being free, but nation-building needs leaders and I'm not sure that Hip Hop needs leaders."
The rapper is due to release another studio album this year called "Prisoner of Conscious" which title is derived from the label people put on him as a conscious rapper. Kanye West is rumored to be producing a track in the album.
Talib Kweli, "Hostile Gospel Part 1 (Deliver Us)":
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective