Video Premiere: Talib Kweli's 'Hostile Gospel Part 1'
Talib Kweli has pulled out another single and its music video from his charting album, "Eardrum" (2007). The song "Hostile Gospel Pt. 1 (Deliver Us)" that samples electronic band Space's "Deliverance" receives its music video premiere.
The video opens with a scene in Lagos, Nigeria and about the song itself, Kweli who rapped "Hip-Hop is not a Nation" explained to Hip-HopDX.com, "I don't think we necessarily need to be a nation. A nation is bigger than a genre of music or a lifestyle. A nation requires nation-building. It requires real structure. That's not what Hip Hop is about. Hip Hop is about rebelling and being free - not that a nation isn't about being free, but nation-building needs leaders and I'm not sure that Hip Hop needs leaders."
The rapper is due to release another studio album this year called "Prisoner of Conscious" which title is derived from the label people put on him as a conscious rapper. Kanye West is rumored to be producing a track in the album.
Talib Kweli, "Hostile Gospel Part 1 (Deliver Us)":
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic