Video Premiere: Talib Kweli's 'Hostile Gospel Part 1'
Talib Kweli has pulled out another single and its music video from his charting album, "Eardrum" (2007). The song "Hostile Gospel Pt. 1 (Deliver Us)" that samples electronic band Space's "Deliverance" receives its music video premiere.
The video opens with a scene in Lagos, Nigeria and about the song itself, Kweli who rapped "Hip-Hop is not a Nation" explained to Hip-HopDX.com, "I don't think we necessarily need to be a nation. A nation is bigger than a genre of music or a lifestyle. A nation requires nation-building. It requires real structure. That's not what Hip Hop is about. Hip Hop is about rebelling and being free - not that a nation isn't about being free, but nation-building needs leaders and I'm not sure that Hip Hop needs leaders."
The rapper is due to release another studio album this year called "Prisoner of Conscious" which title is derived from the label people put on him as a conscious rapper. Kanye West is rumored to be producing a track in the album.
Talib Kweli, "Hostile Gospel Part 1 (Deliver Us)":
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'