Video Premiere: Talib Kweli's 'Hostile Gospel Part 1'
Talib Kweli has pulled out another single and its music video from his charting album, "Eardrum" (2007). The song "Hostile Gospel Pt. 1 (Deliver Us)" that samples electronic band Space's "Deliverance" receives its music video premiere.
The video opens with a scene in Lagos, Nigeria and about the song itself, Kweli who rapped "Hip-Hop is not a Nation" explained to Hip-HopDX.com, "I don't think we necessarily need to be a nation. A nation is bigger than a genre of music or a lifestyle. A nation requires nation-building. It requires real structure. That's not what Hip Hop is about. Hip Hop is about rebelling and being free - not that a nation isn't about being free, but nation-building needs leaders and I'm not sure that Hip Hop needs leaders."
The rapper is due to release another studio album this year called "Prisoner of Conscious" which title is derived from the label people put on him as a conscious rapper. Kanye West is rumored to be producing a track in the album.
Talib Kweli, "Hostile Gospel Part 1 (Deliver Us)":
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'