Video Premiere: Talib Kweli's 'Hostile Gospel Part 1'
Talib Kweli has pulled out another single and its music video from his charting album, "Eardrum" (2007). The song "Hostile Gospel Pt. 1 (Deliver Us)" that samples electronic band Space's "Deliverance" receives its music video premiere.
The video opens with a scene in Lagos, Nigeria and about the song itself, Kweli who rapped "Hip-Hop is not a Nation" explained to Hip-HopDX.com, "I don't think we necessarily need to be a nation. A nation is bigger than a genre of music or a lifestyle. A nation requires nation-building. It requires real structure. That's not what Hip Hop is about. Hip Hop is about rebelling and being free - not that a nation isn't about being free, but nation-building needs leaders and I'm not sure that Hip Hop needs leaders."
The rapper is due to release another studio album this year called "Prisoner of Conscious" which title is derived from the label people put on him as a conscious rapper. Kanye West is rumored to be producing a track in the album.
Talib Kweli, "Hostile Gospel Part 1 (Deliver Us)":
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs