Klaxons Teaming Up With Rihanna for 2008 BRITs
Moments leading up to BRIT Awards are being highlighted with the announcement of its performers. British band Klaxons have revealed that they will team up with U.S. R'n'B singer Rihanna for a one-off special at the event held February 20 despite them being in different continents.
Frontman James Righton did admit some difficulties resulting from the long distance rehearsal. "It's been a bit of a funny one because she's in America and we're over here," he said. "They've got this funny idea of what our band sounds like and we've done three or four different versions. Her people kept sending versions back going 'No, this sounds more like you'. It's strange when someone thinks they're better at being you than you are!"
The plan is for the four-piece band to back up Rihanna in a rendition of her hit single "Umbrella". Righton added, "We've made our own slant on a contemporary version of it. It's an electronic version with guitars on it, with a twist of Golden Skans (the band's hit single)."
The 2008 BRIT Awards will be held at London's Earls Court. Rihanna is nominated for International Female Solo Artist while Klaxons are competing for two categories, British Breakthrough Act and British Live Act.
Earlier this month, Rihanna performed with reuniting group The Time for a dance-pop version of "Umbrella" at the 50th Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans