Klaxons Teaming Up With Rihanna for 2008 BRITs
Moments leading up to BRIT Awards are being highlighted with the announcement of its performers. British band Klaxons have revealed that they will team up with U.S. R'n'B singer Rihanna for a one-off special at the event held February 20 despite them being in different continents.
Frontman James Righton did admit some difficulties resulting from the long distance rehearsal. "It's been a bit of a funny one because she's in America and we're over here," he said. "They've got this funny idea of what our band sounds like and we've done three or four different versions. Her people kept sending versions back going 'No, this sounds more like you'. It's strange when someone thinks they're better at being you than you are!"
The plan is for the four-piece band to back up Rihanna in a rendition of her hit single "Umbrella". Righton added, "We've made our own slant on a contemporary version of it. It's an electronic version with guitars on it, with a twist of Golden Skans (the band's hit single)."
The 2008 BRIT Awards will be held at London's Earls Court. Rihanna is nominated for International Female Solo Artist while Klaxons are competing for two categories, British Breakthrough Act and British Live Act.
Earlier this month, Rihanna performed with reuniting group The Time for a dance-pop version of "Umbrella" at the 50th Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set